Senior RSW wanted for Deputy Manager! Children EBD - Blackburn
Senior Support Worker wanted for Deputy Manager! Children's EBD - Blackburn
Salary: £23,000 (£18,000 salary and £5,000 with Sleep ins - Overtime also available)
Charles Hunter Associates are the official sponsors of the Independent Children's Homes Association and actively work and train within the residential childcare sector in order to find and develop the highest calibre staff and find them exciting and progressive roles within the nation's best care providers.
My client are a local provider for children with EBD in a residential setting, they are seeking a new Deputy Manager for their 4 bedded home in Blackburn.
I am looking to speak to experienced Senior Support Workers or Team Leaders in residential childcare who are interested in progressing to a Deputy Manager role.
You must be willing to learn, enthusiastic about being mentored by a very experienced Registered Manager and be flexible in working a variety of shifts required for you to build your experience.
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain additional qualifications, experience and with the company opening up multiple homes in the next 12 months, progress even further into a Registered Manager.
- NVQ Level 3 Children
- NVQ Level 5 Leadership and Management (or enrolled or be willing to complete)
- Over 3 years' experience working in a residential childcare setting
- At least 2 years' experience working in a Team Leader role or 1 years' experience in a Deputy role
- An understanding of the needs of young people in public care
- Needs to be flexible in working hours
- Ideally a driver with access to a car
- To support the Registered Manager in ensuring that a therapeutic environment is developed and maintained within the home, by striving for continuous improvement and improved outcomes for each child and young person.
- To plan, manage and run shifts.
- To manage the daily Rota, ensuring that each shift is sufficiently staffed in order to meet the needs of the young people.
- To provide line management supervision for a team of Therapeutic Care Workers.
- To be available whilst on duty and to assist and supervise staff, as well as provide guidance on issues pertaining to the behaviour of the children.
- To observe and ensure that others observe any relevant legislation e.g.
Health & Safety, Food Hygiene, Risk Assessments.
- To have responsibility for administrative systems, care plans and assessments as required for the children within the centre.
- To carry out administrative tasks as necessary for the smooth running of the centre or as directed by management.
- To undertake budget responsibilities as required.
- To be prepared to undertake supervision, training and professional development as offered via management.
Charles Hunter Associates are a specialist recruitment agency within the social care sector supplying all levels of staff from Support Workers to Directors into the care sector across the UK.
If you are interested in the above role, please contact Mark Beaver (Social Care Department Leader) at Charles Hunter Associates on 0118 948 5555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
More Jobs from Charles Hunter Associates
- Service Manager - Adults LD - Hampshire
- Marketing Executive
- Senior Occupational Therapist - Guildford
- Supervising Social Worker - Norfolk - Interim
- Senior Adult Social Worker - Guildford
- Social Worker - Adults Team - Isle of Wight - £39ph
- Locum Social Worker - CP Team - Staffordshire Council - Neg
- Senior Practitioner - Fostering IFA - London - Part Time
- Senior Supervising Social Worker - North London - IFA
- LD Review Project - Social Worker - West London
- Supervising Social Worker - South West - Permanent Vacancy
- Locum Social Worker - Assessment and Liaison Team - Lambeth
- Occupational Therapist - Band 5/6 - South East England
- Locum Social Worker/Hospital Discharge Team/Lancashire?£17.56
- Support Workers – No sleep ins required!
- Regional Manager – Adults LD – Blackburn
- Support Workers – Domiciliary – Bognor Regis
- Part Time Support Workers
- Part Time Support Workers
- Senior Social Worker - Rapid Response - SE London