Quality Systems Engineer
Aerospace Manufacturing company based in Llantrisant, South Wales requires a Quality Systems Engineer.
The company has 3 other sites in the UK (employing c400 staff) and 2 in Poland manufacturing components for commercial, light aircraft and business jets.
This role presents an excellent opportunity to become a key member of the quality team of this impressive company, which has recently received large investment to enable future development. Quality is paramount throughout their whole process.
The main purpose of the role is to be responsible for auditing, modification, implementation and improvement of Systems and Procedures to meet Industry and Customer Requirements.
Ensure continuous improvement/quality training/quality review proactively managed and communicated throughout the site.
Working on specific Projects in the factory and also at external customer sites.
- Liaise with production and customer on all Quality issues to ensure specific industry and customer requirements are met.
- Monitor Quality non-conformances and ensure adequate root cause analysis is carried out
- To actively participate in MRB activities.
- Report monthly on Quality Indicators and recommend improvements within agreed timescales.
- Apply Quality Tools and Methods throughout the Factory.
- Audit both Product and Quality Systems, both within specific guidelines and CAA/customer /AS9100 requirements
- To help develop a culture of continuous improvement within all department
- Challenge current practices and processes in order to make improvements
- Use problem solving techniques to resolve issues and implement improvements
- Actively work to reduce costs whilst maintaining Quality standards.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment towards Safety and Quality
- Creating and revising business procedures which align to quality standards
- Promoting a ‘process approach’ into the culture of the business
- Acting as an enabler, ensuring new processes are introduced across the business with pace and urgency
- Identifying opportunities for improvement and the necessity of new procedures
- Evaluating the effectiveness of existing processes and systems
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Degree or minimum HNC level in Engineering/Quality/Aerospace discipline
- Quality tools (EFQM/'5'S'/SPC/APQP/Problem solving etc.)
- 5 years minimum Aircraft / Automotive Experience
- Trained Auditor with Audit Experience (ISO9001/AS9100) in internal or external audit processes
- Good report writing and analytical skills
- IT Literate
- Instructional and Procedural Writing experience
- Technical knowledge/understanding of work carried out on site.
- Knowledge of quality standards/quality Focussed
- Aerospace industry experience preferable
- Understanding of H&S requirements
- Membership of an industry related Professional Body would be advantageous
- Deliver continuous improvement projects from idea generation to completion
- Track effect of improvement project and report monthly on progress
- Responsible for achieving personal development objectives
Applications are invited from candidates who must meet the above criteria in terms of qualifications and experience.
Note to recruitment agencies - this recuitment is under a managed service - direct approaches to the client will not be accepted.
More Jobs from Technical Placements Ltd
- Quality Inspector
- CNC Machinist
- Continuous Improvement Shift Manager - Aerospace
- Land Surveyor Instructor
- Group Engineering Manager - Bulk Handling
- Accident Repair Estimator
- Maintenance Engineer CNC Machines
- Bricklayer Concreting Instructor
- Mechanical Fitter Maintenance Engineer
- Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer
- Maintenance Engineering Coordinator
- Machine Operative
- Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
- Bricklayer & Concreting Instructor
- Vehicle Accident Repair Estimator
- Concreting Bricklayer Instructor
- Mechanical Maintenance Technician
- Production Operative
- Mechanical Maintenance Technician