Our clients software technologies range from ultra-low power IoT to big data cloud services and this is an opportunity to join their small and agile development team and their engineers work on a wide range of projects, typically following a product from early concept to production either as an individual or as part of a scrum team.
They are currently growing their technical team to support the expansion of their business and product portfolio and have a number of new roles focused on developing innovative consumer devices and cloud services.
- You will be participating in the development of products, modules and sub systems for our clients growing range of energy visualisation, management and home control and monitoring products.
- Work with embedded software, system test and product support teams to validate and verify hardware components and product design.
- Construct and test engineering prototypes.
- Create and maintain bills of materials and production packages for manufacturing.
- 0-10 years experience in electronic hardware design and development.
- A mix of experience and formal technical education, ideally including a good technical degree.
- Expert in conceptual design and capture of digital and analogue circuits and systems.
- Practical electronic and industrial engineering skills including good use of soldering and measuring equipment.
- A good understanding of electronic engineering fundamentals and system building blocks e.g.
opamps, logic circuits, microprocessors, and microcontrollers.
- A working knowledge of basic embedded software and software principles would be beneficial
- The ideal candidate will also have experience using 2D/3D CAD and electronic CAD/CAM packages.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team in a dynamic environment.
Working for this company combines the engineering opportunities of a start-up with the stability of growing revenue from high volume production.
It’s a great place to work, to grow your career and to develop products shipping into millions of people’s homes.
You will have proven experience of delivering products and be able to demonstrate technical expertise in one or more areas.
You’ll be enthusiastic about developing breadth as well depth in your career and not be afraid to work across boundaries and disciplines.
Our clients philosophy is to hire great engineers and to give them work they love, we don’t have a ‘box’ to fill with specific skills and seniority.
Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
Salary: £negotiable, depending on experience
If you have not received a response within 3-5 working days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful.
Aspire Cambridge Ltd is acting as an employment Agency for this Permanent Vacancy.
- Start: June 2016
- Duration: Permanent
- Rate: depending on experience
- Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Engineering
- Recruiter: Aspire Cambridge Ltd
- Contact: Kayley Chalk
- Tel: 01223 855440
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: Req/004143
- Posted: 2016-08-16 13:52:34 -
- View all Jobs from Aspire Cambridge Ltd
More Jobs from Aspire Cambridge Ltd
- Recruitment and HR Coordinator
- HGV Class 1 Driver
- Finance Assistant
- HGV / LCV Technician (Mechanic)
- Administrator (Chinese Speaking)
- Production Supervisor
- CNC Miller (NIGHTS)
- *URGENT REQUIREMENT* Retail Assistant X 2 - Food Stand - Grand Arcade
- Head Housekeeper
- CNC Miller
- Junior Sous Chef
- Senior Sous Chef
- Kitchen Porter
- Events Manager
- Chef de Partie
- Pastry Chef