Fabrication Estimator / Production Engineer
Working for this long established bespoke and design manufacturing/engineering organisation, the role involves fully costing enquiry specifications produced by their technical sales team.
Costings will be based on experience, supported by knowledge to evaluate best use of material and labour elements in accordance with best practice.
You will also be required to work with the manufacturing team to advise, forecast and manage workloads to enable your successful quotations to be fabricated on time and within budget.
Occasional supervision of the shop floor personnel may be required.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Estimating and providing pricing for all customer enquiries.
- Develop and maintain an accurate quotation system
- Purchasing/expediting of raw materials for production
- Review and evaluate fabrication drawings prior to issue for manufacture on our shop floor
To be considered for the Fabrication Estimator / Production Engineer role, you must have a good working knowledge of the engineering industry, with proven ‘hands-on' experience of fabrication and welding.
Training will be given but we would also expect you to have the following key skills:
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings
- Ability to estimate and quote for fabrication of sheet metal equipment
- Build and maintain relationships with customers and suppliers
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Quick to pick up internal processes and procedures
- A ‘can-do' attitude and approach to engineering tasks and challenges
- Pro-active and willing to help and support colleagues
- Computer literate and working knowledge of MS office
- Working knowledge of ISO 9000
- Understanding of machining/turning/milling/broaching
You will ideally have fabrication/sheet metal background with City and Guilds qualifications.
Further qualifications to HNC/HND level in manufacturing/production or mechanical engineering would be advantageous,
To apply for the role of please click apply now.
More Jobs from GPW Recruitment Services
- Electrical Design Engineer
- Senior Quantity Surveyor (Residential)
- Quantity Surveyor (Residential/Build) - Bournemouth
- Procurement Quantity Surveyor (Student Accommodation/Residentia
- Assistant QS - Student Accommodation - NW OR Bangor
- Multi Skilled Operator
- CNC Wood Machinist Field Service Engineer
- Stock Analyst
- Chartered Building Surveyor (MRICS)
- Panel Wireman
- Field Service Engineer
- Scaffolders x10
- Account Manager/Business Development
- Maintenance Electrician / Multiskilled Engineer Electrical bias
- Lead EC&I Engineer/Responsible Engineer
- Ground worker
- Accounts Administrator