Operations Associate £103 per day - Initially 2 month contract
We are working with a Global leading FS organisation to recruit an Operations Associate for a two month contract which may be extended pending review.
The Role: Role is based within the Operations Risk & Control department which performs various independent functions to ensure adequate controls are in place, through providing an integrated risk and control framework to govern, assess, mitigate and manage financial and operational risk in Operations.
The team focuses on implementing appropriate internal controls, business processes, and internal management reporting and analysis to mitigate operational risk and fulfil regulatory reporting requirements.
The specific team that this role reports to is ORC Account Reference Data.
This team is responsible for identifying and resolving incorrect reference data on all accounts globally in the firm.
The primary function of the team is to highlight and mitigate risk across books and records and regulatory reporting.
The team ensures that reference data is correctly applied to TAPS accounts, that accounts are bridged correctly and that accounts have correct party details.
- Acquiring an intricate knowledge of firm systems, data sources and processes, building the ability to question data integrity and to support others in using the systems
- Monitoring and escalation of various exceptions to highlight and mitigate risk
- Working to tight deadlines on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Building a detailed understanding of each exception type, allowing complex queries to be answered and commentary to be questioned and challenged
- Working with business areas and their Risk Managers to assess the integrity of any exclusions to exceptions
- Close communication within the global team and across ORC globally
- Communication with other business areas, with varying levels of firm management and external vendor
- Identification and implementation of process improvements
- Providing support to other members of the team, both locally and globally
- Ability to problem solve in fast paced environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Accuracy, attention to detail, good time management and organisation skills
- Strong team player with good communication/relationship building skills
- Ability to think laterally and efficiently to tight deadlines
- Displays high level of attention to detail and the ability to prioritise tasks appropriately
Contact Details: please submit your CV via the ‘apply' button.
More Jobs from FPSG Connect
- Greek speaking Client Support Specialist (City Centre)
- eDiscovery, Digital Forensic - Sen Investigator
- SPLUNK Consultant (Security Engineer)
- Senior Investigator: eDiscovery & Investigations
- Senior Associate Tax - Malta
- German Customer Service Advisor
- Spanish + 1 other language speaking Customer Service Advisor
- French Customer Service Advisor
- Danish / Swedish / Finnish / Norwegian Customer Advisor
- Dutch Customer Service Advisor
- Welsh Customer Service Advisor
- Senior Associate Corporate Services Provider - Malta
- Paralegal - Personal Injury
- Linux Engineer
- Senior UI Developer
- Windows Engineer
- Corporate Financing Manager - Switzerland
- Senior Manager Audit
- PA to CEO, Loanhead in Edinburgh
- Digital Graphic Designer