Do you have proven experience within a fast paced accounts team? Working towards your qualifications but lacking challenge in your current role? If so, Affinion International are recruiting for a knowledgeable Assistant Accountant and want to hear from you!
Employing over 3500 staff globally this is a great opportunity to join a leading organisation that creates highly successful and engaging marketing programmes delivered through subscription based products and services within the travel, leisure and insurance industries.
Who are we looking for?
When recruiting for the role of Assistant Accountant, we look for individuals who are currently part-qualified and studying for a recognised Accountancy Qualification –CIMA/ACCA etc.
You must also be able display a proven track record working in a busy finance team and be used to month end processes and reconciliations.
The successful candidate will also require:
- Strong MS Office and Finance software skills are a pre-requisite
- Basic understanding of accounting principles
- Flexible attitude and ability to work to tight deadlines
- Experience of working in a multi-company, multi-currency environment would be an advantage
What will I be responsible for?
The successful Assistant Accountant will work as part of the Shared Service Team within the Finance Department based in Portsmouth.
The job plays an integral role in ensuring the monthly management accounts are submitted within deadline.
Duties will include:
- Ensure all entries are calculated processed and reconciled for allocated accounts – this will include Revenue, Costs, Deferrals, Accruals , Prepayments and Intercompany.
- Ensure all allocated Balance sheet reconciliations are prepared to deadline
- Carrying out SOX controls as allocated
- Working closely with the other accountants in the team to ensure full coverage at month end
The department uses Oracle Financials, MS Excel & Access, Essbase and various bespoke software.
Rewards & Hours
In return for your hard work as an Assistant Accountant, you will be entitled to a highly competitive salary of between £26,000 - £29,000 per annum and a range of benefits including 25 days holidays + bank holidays and the opportunity for a 5% bonus.
This is a full time permanent position working 37.5 hours a week, Monday to Friday.
If you are looking for the next steps in your accountancy career, look no further.
Please click APPLY below to register your interest in the role of Assistant Accountant.
No terminology in the advert you have seen is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we will gladly accept applications from all sections of the community.
More Jobs from CV WOW
- Sales Consultant - Life Insurance - £80K OTE
- Dual Fuel Smart Meter Engineer
- Dual Fuel Smart Meter Engineer
- Test Automation Engineer
- UX Manager
- Sales Consultant
- Warehouse Shift Leader
- Multi Drop Driver
- Finance Manager - Automotive
- Apprentice - Administration / Customer Service
- General Sales Manager
- Assistant Manager
- Pastry Chef
- Technical Author
- Office Assistant
- Heating and Plumbing Engineer
- Executive Assistant
- Electrician (Farm Maintenance)
- PR & Events Officer
- Digital Marketing Officer