Proposals Engineer - CHP / Power Generation
Proposals Engineer- CHP / Power Generation - Liverpool- to £45,000+Bens
GPW are looking to recruit a Proposals Engineer based in Merseyside.
Our client undertakes full design, build, commissioning and project management services for plant installations for civil, mechanical and electrical work.
As the Proposals Engineer the majority of your time will be spent preparing proposals, you will consolidate and build sales offers and tenders into winning bids.
Responsibilities as the Proposals Engineer:
- Interpret enquiries and requests for quotations.
- Build further understanding of requirements by liaising with customers.
Organise site visits and meetings with subcontractors and vendors required.
- Support Sales Teams in meetings with customers during the bid-process
- In line with product decision, determine the key objectives and possible options to be covered in the proposal.
- Work in partnership with Engineering, Commercial and Project Managers as appropriate to need in order to evaluate technical risk and commercial terms.
- Compile comprehensive tender specifications defining prices, commercial conditions, and deviations and technical specifications for presentation.
- Act as focal point for customer queries regarding Proposal submission, providing answers in order to reach agreement and build a positive relationship.
- Prepare RFQ's for suppliers/subcontractors against specs and T&C's
- Monitor progress and status of Proposals, maintaining accurate records and keeping the Proposals Manager fully informed at all times.
- Support Project team during handover of Proposals that have resulted in orders.
- Maintain internal Quality systems as relevant to the processing of enquiries and proposals.
- Ensure that Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality management policies and procedures are adhered to in all work undertaken.
Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills required by the Proposals Engineer:
- Good understanding of engineering practice products.
- Risk analysis techniques.
- Understanding of contract law, and commercial terms and conditions.
- Good understanding of Health, Safety and Environmental management policies and procedures.
- Questioning skills
- IT skills - Microsoft Office.
Essential requirements :
- Sound knowledge of mechanical and electrical engineering.
- Experience of working in proposals/sales role within an engineering environment.
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of risk analysis techniques.
- Degree or HND in an Engineering discipline - Mechanical Engineering preferred.
The role could suit candidates with previous experience in any the following roles during their career:
Bid Manager, Commercial Engineer, Tenders Engineer, Contracts Engineer, Sales Engineer, Technical Sales Engineer or Internal Sales Engineer
To apply for the Proposals Engineer role please click apply now.
More Jobs from GPW Recruitment Services
- CNC Wood Machinist Field Service Engineer
- Stock Analyst
- Chartered Building Surveyor (MRICS)
- Panel Wireman
- Field Service Engineer
- Scaffolders x10
- Account Manager/Business Development
- Maintenance Electrician / Multiskilled Engineer Electrical bias
- Lead EC&I Engineer/Responsible Engineer
- Ground worker
- Accounts Administrator
- COTS LABOURERS
- 2 Part 2 Scaffolders Required
- Part Time Cleaner
- Electrical Software Engineer
- Auto Electrician
- Concrete Finisher