Surgical Services (Theatres & Cath Lab) Manager
We are seeking an dynamic and experienced Surgical Services Manager to join our client's Management team and lead the four Theatre and three Cardiac Catheter Labs at their large acute hospital site based in the world-renowned medical district of Central London (TfL Zone 1).
This role is offered initially as an interim/consultancy post with an immediate start or as a permanent ongoing post.
Working just a short walk from Regent's Park and the West End, this role is within easy reach of TfL and National Rail services (Paddington, Marylebone, Euston, King's X/St.
Our client is a major provider of independent healthcare; working with many of London’s most experienced medical Consultants and other healthcare specialists this centre of excellence delivers a high standard of Surgical care focusing on combining the warmth of individual patient care with internationally acclaimed expertise delivered by the highest calibre consultants and staff within pleasant and comfortable surroundings.
Duties of the post
To lead the Surgical Services division, comprising four Theatres and three Cath Labs to achieve clinical excellence, regulatory compliance, maximise operational efficiency, demonstrate tight budgetary control and contribute to the strategic direction of the clinic through collaboration with both internal and external customers and stakeholders.
Continuing responsibility on a 24-hour basis for the effective management and progressive development of a high quality service.
Act as a clinical resource and role model to all staff within the unit and develop practice
Monitor and manage the theatre utilisation
Be responsible for statistical, budgetary, and analytical analysis of operations within the department.
A full job description is available upon request.
NMC registered Nurse or HCPC registered ODP
Significant clincial experience within a Theatre and/or Cardiac Cath Lab setting with extensive knowledge and experience in taking charge and leading teams.
Experience of implementing Quality, regulatory compliance, Governance and risk management frameworks
Ability to work to tight/challenging timeframes
Medic International is able to provide reasonably priced professional staff accommodation in London for nurses who may be considering a relocation for any of our positions.
Successful applicants will enjoy career development and the opportunity to work alongside a multidisciplinary team of other healthcare specialists
The additional benefits of working for this company include
Private medical cover, including dental
Critical illness cover
Life assurance cover
Gym membership, for you and your partner
2 for1 meals or 50% off food costs at over 2,500 participating restaurants.
Flexible Annual Leave; allowing you to ‘buy’ up to two days or ‘sell’ up to 5 days annual leave each year
Interest-free season ticket loans & ‘cycle to work’ ‘scheme; helping you commute and keep fit for less
Medic International is a leading healthcare recruitment partner with particular expertise in the placement into the full range of Healthcare Management roles.
As a nurse-led consultancy, our detailed understanding of the complexity of Senior Managment roles places us in an excellent position to match your skills with the specific requirements of our executive Recruiting Managers.
We are also able to provide reasonably priced professional local staff accommodation for applicants who may be considering relocation for any of our positions.
For a summary of all current Medic International Management roles click HERE.
- Start: ASAP
- Rate: Â£55k - 65k per year + Private Medical, Pension, Employee Be
- Location: London, Greater London, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Medical
- Recruiter: Medic International-Nursing, Theatres and AHP
- Contact: Jill Mills or Shayne Parfrey
- Tel: 020 7112 9087
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: MM622/01
- Posted: 2016-08-17 17:07:22 -
- View all Jobs from Medic International-Nursing, Theatres and AHP
More Jobs from Medic International-Nursing, Theatres and AHP
- Clinical Care Manager-Aged & Dementia Care
- Theatre (Anaesth or Scrub) Practitioner
- NHS Band 5 Staff Nurse - Medical
- Preceptorship Mental Health Staff Nurse (Band 5)
- NHS Band 5 Grad/Precept. Cardiac Medicine Nurse
- NHS Band 5 Grad/Precept. Interventional Cardiology
- NHS Band 5 Theatre (Cardiac Scrub) Practitioner
- NHS Band 5 Grad/Precept. Cardiac Theatre RGN/ODP
- NHS Band 5 Staff Nurse - Cardiac HDU
- NHS Band 6 Senior Staff Nurse - Interventional Cardiology
- Hospital Radiographer
- Mental Heath Staff Nurse - CAMHS
- NHS Band 5 Theatre (Ortho) Scrub Practitioners
- Theatre (Recovery) Practitioner (Band 5/6)
- Theatre Endoscopy Practitioner (Band 5/6)
- Staff Nurse - Mental Health
- Staff Nurse - Cardiac (Band 5/6)
- Mental Health Staff Nurse - Adult Acute
- NHS Band 5 Theatre (Anaesthetic) Practitioner
- NHS Band 6 Paediatric ICU Senior Staff Nurse