Process Manufacturing Engineers - Permanent & Contract
Manufacturing Engineers required for global aerospace manufacturing company based in Consett, County Durham.
1 x Permanent position,
2 x 12 month contracts.
With 4 sites in the UK and 2 in Poland they have a strong customer base and over 500 employees.
The bulk of their work is CNC manufacturing of
large structural components for large commercial aircraft, light aircraft and business jets.
Their machining, fabrication and treatment capabilities
provide a ‘one stop shop’ to make components from design through to end product.
The company has recently received large investment in order to improve its performance and develop its long term future.
We are recruiting for an experienced Manufacturing Engineers to join their team in Consett.
The role is to optimise capability and capacity of current
manufacturing process, develop and introduce new technologies and manufacturing systems to support the business strategy, ensuring combined
integration of manufacture engineering, Health, Safety and Quality standards.
Large machinery process changes, machine moves, new installations,
development work etc.
Preferably Degree qualified (or equivalent) in an associated engineering discipline
Demonstrable Manufacturing Process Development experience, gained from a precision engineering environment (e.g.
Experience gained from a lean manufacturing / continuous improvement environment
The successful candidate will get exposure to:
- Assess manufacturing layouts using lean thinking to increase flow and efficiency to meet quality, cost and delivery KPI’s
- Implement and manage lean layout improvement projects across the group
- Developing and supporting best practices including FMEA (Failure Mode Effect Analysis) studies, value stream mapping, SPC (Statistical Process Control) and SOP Standard Operating Procedures
- Driving root cause resolution of product failure, supporting 8D investigations and practical problem solving exercises.
- Improving processes to reduce non value added activity while ensuring safety and product quality
- Working on multiple Manufacturing Engineering Projects to improve Quality, Cost and Delivery
- Maintaining and Improving BOM, routings and ERP system accuracy
- Working with new and existing vendors to reduce cost on tooling
- Extracting data from Cad models to define BOM, routings and Tooling requirements.
- Working with 3rd party suppliers of engineering services at site
- Supporting the development of the lean culture
- Establish process capability measures and lead improvement projects to increase capacity indices to 1.33 minimum
We are looking for someone who is a proven self-starter and is capable of managing own workload to see projects through the end.
You will be expected to work across multi discipline teams and engage with colleagues from Production, Supply Chain, Quality and H&S.
This is an office and shop floor based role.
More Jobs from Technical Placements Ltd
- Quality Inspector
- CNC Machinist
- Continuous Improvement Shift Manager - Aerospace
- Land Surveyor Instructor
- Group Engineering Manager - Bulk Handling
- Accident Repair Estimator
- Maintenance Engineer CNC Machines
- Bricklayer Concreting Instructor
- Mechanical Fitter Maintenance Engineer
- Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer
- Maintenance Engineering Coordinator
- Machine Operative
- Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
- Bricklayer & Concreting Instructor
- Vehicle Accident Repair Estimator
- Concreting Bricklayer Instructor
- Mechanical Maintenance Technician
- Production Operative
- Mechanical Maintenance Technician