Manager - Clinical Systems
Our client is an ultramodern, all-digital academic medical centre specialising in the provision of care for women and children.
Based in Qatar, our client will focus on world-class patient care, medical education and biomedical research.
We are recruiting for Manager of Clinical Systems to join the Biomedical Engineering Department.
The Manager - Clinical Systems (BME) manages & mentors the team of Clinical Systems Engineers responsible for implementing, supporting & maintaining clinical systems and devices that are connected to the Cerner's Millennium and using Cerner tools including Discern Expert, Explorer& Analytics, assuring that work is accurate, timely & of the highest quality.
The Manager - Clinical Systems (BME) also manages non-Cerner products such as Vocera, Tegris, Storz' OR One, Olympus' EndoAlpha, etc.
The Manager - Clinical Systems (BME) Systems meets clinical information needs of the clinical departments and coordinates the planning integrates them with information needs of institution.
Communicates with team counterparts; has broad institutional staff responsibilities for analysing/advising on matters concerning clinical systems and interrelationship of these systems with other departments.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Oversees selection, implementation, maintenance and support of clinical systems necessary to meet clinical & financial data needs.
- Works with vendors, users, departments to fully optimize the development, implementation and support of these systems.
- Understands business needs and liaises with other departments.
- Participates on hospital productivity and process improvement committees as requested.
- Participates in strategic planning for future procurement of medical devices and associated systems.
- Directs and participates in analysis, design, testing, documentation, implementation and maintenance of clinical systems, and evaluation, selection, and implementation of vendor software which support these systems.
- Supervises a team of clinical systems engineers by providing conceptual and technical guidance to team members and clients in identification of requirements, development of application design and, planning and execution of testing, and ensuring the application delivered meets user needs.
- Plays an integral role in software upgrades for medical device or systems that are used by the medical devices, insuring that testing is accurate & complete & issues are identified & resolved.
- Ensures 24 x 7 support for all clinical systems supported by the Biomedical Engineering department.
- Operates effectively in a changing environment and promotes spirit of cooperation and collaboration among BME and IT teams and actively supports the success of other teams' projects.
Provides consultative & technical expertise to these teams and has knowledge of hospital operations & workflows.
- Actively supports positive relationships with users.
Reviews issues, averts potential problems ensuring users are notified of system events.
Ensures changes brought about by other Information Services projects are well integrated with clinical systems & processes without adverse impact.
Negotiates with vendors.
A full job description is available upon request.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Biomedical Engineering Information Systems, or related field
- 5+ years' Management experience in a related field, and in a healthcare/hospital environment OR
- 7+ years with managerial responsibilities in handling Biomedical Clinical Systems developed through an internal succession planning process
- Demonstrated systems development skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Demonstrated excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Benefits- Highly competitive package including a Tax free salary in Qatar + benefits.
Full details of the package will be discussed directly.
Please note the targeted start date for the position is dependent on the current timeline for the project.
Likewise, the processing of licensing (if applicable)/ visas etc.
also need to be considered.
We will advise candidates specifically when we discuss the opportunity.
More Jobs from Cavendish Professionals
- Dementia Nurses for Homecare
- Palliative Care Nurse-Homecare
- Registered Nurses - Rehabilitation in Patients' Own Homes
- Consultant - Radiology (Fetal and Women's Imaging)
- Consultant - Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Theatre Practitioner
- Consultant - Paediatric Ophthalmology
- Infection & Prevention Control Nurse
- Lead Nurse - Diagnostics and Outpatients
- Theatre Practitioner - Anaesthetics
- Physiotherapy Supervisor
- Senior Infrastructure Design Engineer
- Senior Infrastructure Engineer
- Legal Counsel - Dispute Management
- Quantity Surveyor
- Senior Biomedical Scientist - Histopathology
- Senior Biomedical Scientist - Cytogenetics
- Senior Biomedical Scientist - Point of Care Testing
- Senior Biomedical Scientist - Microbiology and Virology
- Senior Biomedical Scientist - Clinical Chemistry