Medical Equipment Delivery Driver - FT Jacksonville
The Customer Service Technician is responsible for delivery and equipment management tasks for a district office, including customer delivery and pick-up of medical equipment; processing, cleaning, inspecting and testing equipment; and inventory maintenance.
Knowledge and Physical Requirements
- 21 years of age or older, with high school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior work experience in hospital setting or customer service preferred.
- Basic computer skills.
- Willing to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays, as well as emergency off-hours as required.
- Valid driver's license and potential for DOT certification.
- Able to lift and/or push 75 pounds.
- Able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
Behavioral Skills (How the jobholders must conduct themselves with other people.)
- Possesses quality orientation with a “get it right the first time” attitude.
- Complies with patient privacy laws in all matters.
- Maintains and projects confidence, enthusiasm and a professional image.
- Flexible, coachable.
- Demonstrates strong communication skills (listening, writing and speaking).
- Demonstrates team orientation and shows respect for others.
- Proactive and self motivated.
- Organized; prioritizes to meet deadlines.
- Operates with a proactive approach towards safety, health and quality in compliance with all company, governmental, and customer policies and regulations.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
- Customer-focused: willing to go above and beyond.
Practical Skills (Tasks that the job holder must be able to do and demonstrate.)
- Able to dialogue with clinical staff on the topics of equipment features, functionality, etc.
- Understands and uses effective conflict resolution skills, e.g., identifies and resolves service concerns, discrepancies and disagreements.
- Ensures prompt and courteous service is delivered to all customers in person and in all communications.
- Shares information with all team members to improve ability to service customers and define opportunities for the district team.
- Completes all paperwork accurately and in a timely manner to ensure accurate documentation for billing and required regulatory compliance.
- Stays up to date on the medical equipment in our fleet.
- Inspects, cleans and tests medical equipment for functionality, following approved written procedures.
- Safely loads, secures and delivers medical equipment to customers.
- Completes and maintains DOT certification, according to location-specific needs.
- Educates and engages customers at the time of delivery, detailing customers on the features and functionality of the equipment,
- Retrieves equipment from customer locations, safely transporting the equipment back to the UHS office.
- Ships and receives medical equipment and supplies
Apply for this ad Online!
More Jobs from Universal Hospital Services
- Hospital Service Technician - PT
- Technical Services Support Admin (Temp) - Bloomington
- Hospital Service Rep, Hershey
- Medical Equipment Delivery Driver, 2nd shift, Chelmsford, MA
- Team Leader/Coordinator - Albuquerque
- Customer Service Tech /Houston, TX Full Time
- Hospital Service Technician - P/T OnDemand - Chicago. IL
- Hospital service technician - Full Time
- Hospital Service Technician /PT Nights Houston
- Hospital Service Technician/ FT Overnight (Alameda)
- Medical Delivery Driver - FT Houston
- Operations Manager/Surgical - San Francisco
- Scheduling Coordinator/Medical (Sun Valley)
- Hospital Service Technician - Sat/Sun Overnights (Alameda)
- Medical Equipment Service and Delivery, 2nd shift - TEMP
- Hospital Equipment Transporter - P/T McHenry, IL
- Hospital Service Technician P/T Indianapolis Community Health
- Hospital Service Technician- P/T On Demand, Indianapolis, IN
- Hospital Service Technician - F/T 1st Shift - Cedar Rapids, IA
- Hospital Service Technician -PT Nights/Houston (Tues/Fri/Sun)