Field Service Technician II - Medical Equipment
Seeking experienced Field Service Tech with ventilator and anesthesia repair experience in the Philadelphia area.
The Field Service Medical Equipment Repair Technician provides cost-effective maintenance on UHS and customer-owned medical equipment primarily located at customer sites outside of the UHS office to assure it is functioning properly and meets customers' needs.
The Field Service Technician performs operational verification, preventive and corrective repair service, and completes all associated documentation and communication in a timely manner.
Knowledge and Physical Requirements
- Associate's degree in an Applied Science (electronics or biomedical equipment technology preferred) or equivalent military training.
- Prior work experience in hospital setting or with customer service preferred.
- Demonstrated competency to perform operational verification procedures, preventive maintenance and repair service on various equipment
- Understanding of regulatory agencies' requirements.
- Business management understanding to assist with contract management and account margin maintenance.
- Familiar with the setup and application of test equipment (electrical safety analyzer, digital multi-meter, patient simulator, etc.).
- Able to read, analyze and interpret technical literature, schematics and drawings.
- Valid driver's license.
- Basic computer skills, including an understanding of computer networks and equipment interfacing.
- Willing to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays, as well as emergency off-hours as required.
- Willing to travel extensively on short notice to support business.
- Able to lift and/or push 75 pounds.
- Able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
Behavioral Skills (How the jobholders must conduct themselves with other people.)
- Possesses quality orientation with a “get it right the first time” attitude.
- Complies with patient privacy laws in all matters.
- Maintains and projects confidence, enthusiasm and a professional image.
- Flexible, coachable.
- Demonstrates strong communication skills (listening, writing and speaking).
- Demonstrates team orientation and shows respect for others.
- Proactive and self motivated.
- Organized; prioritizes to meet deadlines.
- Able to work with limited supervision.
- Operates with a proactive approach towards safety, health and quality in compliance with all company, governmental and customer policies and regulations.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
- Customer-focused; willing to go above and beyond.
- Efficiently manages workload to complete scheduled and break/fix service activity.
- Capable of troubleshooting.
Identifies and addresses customer operational concerns with equipment and escalates issues as necessary to help resolve customer concerns promptly.
Practical Skills (Tasks that the job holder must be able to do and demonstrate.)
- Able to dialogue with clinical staff on the topics of equipment features, functionality, etc.
- Ensures prompt and courteous service is delivered to all customers in person and in all communications.
- Works in a surgical or laboratory environment as required, observing universal precautions and communicating with doctors and nursing staff appropriately.
- Demonstrates sound and timely decision-making skills.
- Effectively schedules service activity with customers, coordinating within customers' time frames.
- Understands and uses effective conflict resolution skills, e.g., identifies and resolves service concerns, discrepancies and disagreements.
- Provides cost-effective equipment inspection, maintenance, calibration and repair service.
- Provides feedback to district team and manufacturers around customer interaction and observations from time spent in accounts.
- Delivers a quality service and meets productivity objectives and targets.
- Completes all paperwork and computer data entry accurately and in a timely manner to ensure accurate billing and regulatory compliance.
- Assists in technical training.
- Accurately accounts for, and maintains, assigned inventory.
- Performs other assigned duties.
- Proficient in the UHS systems and Microsoft Office programs.
- Demonstrates good presentation skills and comfort in a group setting with customers.
- Demonstrates a good understanding of UHS service programs and contractual obligations.
- Increases utilization of UHS services by articulating benefits and solutions to key healthcare decisionmakers.
- Consistently achieves established performance measures.
- Considered a subject matter expert with all technical policies and procedures.
- Leads customer sales presentations.
- Demonstrates superior understanding of UHS' service programs and contractual obligations.
- Used as a resource to enhance capacity to address and resolve customer issues.
- Exceeds performance measures and assists in development and coaching of other UHS employees.
Apply for this ad Online!
More Jobs from Universal Hospital Services
- Biomedical Hospital on-site Leader (Houston)
- Specialty Sales Executive - Surgical - Denver, CO
- Software Engineer III/Sr Database Analyst
- Medical Delivery Driver - Salt Lake City (Full Time)
- HRIS Manager - Workday
- Technical Services Support Administrator - Temporary
- Hospital Service Technician F/T Jefferson City, MO M-F 11:30-8p
- Hospital Service Technician - PT Sat/Sun/Mon (NE)
- Hospital Service Technician -The Woodlands (PM's/Weekends)
- Hospital Service Technician - PT nights/Tulsa
- Strategic Account Executive - San Antonio OR McAllen Texas
- Surgical Laser Technician (Sacramento, CA)
- Hospital Service Technician - FT 2nd shift (Mem. City)
- Payroll Manager
- Medical Equipment Delivery Driver/Oklahoma City (2nd shift)
- Medical Account Executive - Cleveland, OH
- Medical Equipment Processor/Cleaner - PT Tulsa
- Hospital Service Technician - FT
- Hospital Service Technician P/T Sat/Sun & Mon St Louis, MO
- Customer Service Technician - FT San Francisco