Fundraise for Shelter and help put an end to homelessness!
Join our team and help us to continue fulfilling our commitment to homeless people and families in the UK
Why fundraise for Shelter?
Shelter helps millions of people every year struggling with bad housing or homelessness through our advice, support and legal services.
And we campaign to make sure that one day, no one will have to turn to us for help.We're here so no one has to fight bad housing or homelessness on their own.
If you decide to join us as a member of our Face to Face Street Fundraising Team you can play a major part in this.
What will I be doing?
As a member of the team we'll look to you to recruit new regular-giving donors for Shelter via face to face street fundraising.
As the first point of contact, you will be expected to ensure that standards of fundraising are maintained to the highest level, whilst motivating and encouraging members of the public to gain a greater understanding of Shelter and our work.
What makes a good Fundraiser?
You don't need to have prior experience of fundraising to join the team because we will provide you with training and support.
What we look for are people who are great communicators, passionate, self-motivated and considerate to other people.
You'll also need to be able to work as part of a team and have the ability to bounce back from negative situations.
What are the hours?
Our Face to Face Fundraisers work 35 hours per week, from Monday to Friday.
Each shift starts at 10:00-18:00 with one unpaid hour for lunch (7 hours per day).
What are the targets?
Our emphasis is on the quality of donations.
We expect our fundraisers to be able to sign up 2-3 donors per day to give a regular long term direct debit donation.
Where will I be working?
Our teams work across central London in Zones 1-6 in busy streets and shopping areas.
Sometimes you will be asked to travel outside of London, but this will be paid for and organised by the charity.
Our managers and team leaders will make sure that you have a thorough induction.
Over your first two days you'll learn all about Shelter, how to successfully fundraise and represent Shelter.
Then for your first few days we'll make sure that you are partnered with an experienced member of the team.
What is the Pay?
When you start you will be paid £9.50 an hour, and if you are exceeding your targets, this may be reviewed.
We'll pay you every week, straight into your bank account.
When can I start?
We hold interviews on a regular basis and if you are successful you will be booked onto the next available training session which could be as soon as the following week.
How can I apply?
Submit an Online Application or call Caitlin on 01616410005
Please note : Candidates must be 18+ and available for a minimum of 8-12 weeks
More Jobs from Flow Caritas
- Fun and Rewarding Jobs at Oxfam! Weekly Pay!
- Part Time Indoor Charity Fundraising with Marie Curie
- New Charity Job for September!
- Interview THIS WEEK, Full Time Charity Jobs – Birmingham
- Door to Door Canvassing / Sales / Charity Fundraising Jobs
- Venue Charity Fundraising with Marie Curie
- Work for Shelter! Charity Fundraising ! Immediate Start!
- Gap Year and Graduate Charity Jobs
- Ditch the boring 9-5... Paid CHARITY FUNDRAISING Jobs!
- Make a Difference - Charity Fundraising Jobs in Sheffield
- Oxfam Charity Fundraiser Jobs- Apply Now!
- Leeds based PAID charity fundraising roles - Start Immediately!
- Door to Door Sales Experience? Join our Fundraising Team TODAY
- Charity Street Fundraiser – Help Solve the Homelessness Crisis
- We need you NOW! IMMEDIATE START - Help the Refugee Crisis
- WEEKLY PAID WORK - FULL TIME CHARITY POSITION -IMMEDIATE INTERV
- Charity Fundraiser £8.50 - 12/hr
- Start a Charity Career - Fundraising Opportunities with Shelter
- Oxfam Are Hiring! Street Fundraising Opportunity
- Shelter Fundraisers - Help the Homeless this Winter!