Supervisor Speech Language Therapy
Our client is an ultramodern, all-digital academic medical centre specialising in the provision of care for women and children.
Based in Qatar, our client will focus on world-class patient care, medical education and biomedical research.
We are recruiting for a Supervisor of Speech and Language Therapy.
The Supervisor - Speech Language Pathology is responsible for leading and demonstrating the provision of safe, patient and family focused quality care.
The Supervisor - Speech Language Pathology is a key member of the interprofessional team and ensures that standards for speech language therapy care are adhered to at service level.
The Supervisor - Speech Language Pathology works collaboratively with the Manager - Speech Language Therapy to ensure that commissioning, recruitment, onboarding, orientation and service activation responsibilities are carried out in accordance with plans and timelines.
- Serves as a professional and role model for staff and is an advocate for patients and their families demonstrating behaviours consistent with the organizational/education competency framework, values, policies, procedures and guidelines
- Participates in planning and program direction in accordance with organizational and departmental goals and objectives
- Provides supervision and guidance to staff ensuring that all care is provided in accordance with Divisional Core Standards and established policies and procedures
- Evaluates and ensures that individualized discharge planning needs are assessed on admission
- Ensures an interprofessional approach to facilitate a timely discharge or transfer to the next level of care or home
- Ensures safe patient care by making patient assignments based on patient acuity and skill mix
- Evaluates and ensures that clinical documentation, diagnoses and plans of care are integrated and effective in delivering an individual plan of care
A full job description is available upon request.
- Master's degree in Speech Language Therapy
- 5+ years of experience inclusive of 2+ years progressive management experience in specialty area in a North American Academic Institution, or equivalent in UK, Republic of Ireland, EU states, South Africa, Australia or New Zealand
- Registration as a Speech Language Therapist and Licensure in country of origin
- Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC-SLP) in Speech Language Pathology from a program accredited by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, or equivalent in UK, Republic of Ireland, EU States, South Africa, Australia or New Zealand.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage and motivate teams to meet care objectives
- Demonstrated ability to delegate, supervise, and evaluate the performance of clinical interventions
- Demonstrated ability to design, coordinate and evaluate plans of care
- Demonstrated ability to apply and integrate knowledge and skills into practice
- Demonstrated ability to use risk analysis tools to anticipate safety risks
- Demonstrated ability to access, critique, and analyze information sources
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize data, information and knowledge on patient outcomes and modify interventions to improve health care outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to teach, assess and develop educational materials for staff and patients
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in organizing data and generating thorough, accurate, timely reports
- Demonstrated experience with Clinical Information Systems (CIS)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Benefits- Highly competitive package including a Tax free salary in Qatar + benefits.
Full details of the package will be discussed directly.
Please note the targeted start date for the position is dependent on the current timeline for the project.
Likewise, the processing of licensing (if applicable)/ visas etc.
also need to be considered.
We will advise candidates specifically when we discuss the opportunity.
More Jobs from Cavendish Professionals
- Senior Biomedical Scientist - Cytogenetics
- Senior Biomedical Scientist - Point of Care Testing
- Senior Biomedical Scientist - Microbiology and Virology
- Senior Biomedical Scientist - Clinical Chemistry
- Senior Biomedical Scientist - Haematology
- Biomedical Scientist - Histopathology
- Biomedical Scientist - Cytogenetics
- Biomedical Scientist - Point of Care Testing
- Biomedical Scientist - Microbiology and Virology
- Biomedical Scientist - Clinical Chemistry
- Biomedical Scientist - Molecular Infectious Diseases
- Biomedical Scientist - Haematology
- Theatre Practitioner
- Staff Nurse Spinal
- Senior Infrastructure Design Engineer
- Senior Infrastructure Engineer
- Legal Counsel - Dispute Management
- Quantity Surveyor
- Quantity Surveyor
- Supervisor - Pathology Sciences (Molecular Infectious Diseases)