Production Manager (FMCG) – Bath - £45k plus Car allowance
My Client is a very successful FMCG manufacturing company based in the Bath area.
They are looking to recruit an experienced Operations Manager with Production experience. The Operations Manager’s responsibility is to ensure the efficient and timely production of products in the factory ensuring that the production is to budget and within the set quality standard.
As Production Manager you will be responsible for day-to-day production within the factory.
You will be expected to supervise, motivate and support the production staff daily, applying a team approach and maintaining open communication.
You will help plans, schedule and oversee all production activities while continually monitoring budgets and efficiencies.
You will be managing 8 team leaders and 200 plus production staff.
Key duties and responsibilities:
• Regularly review progress against plans
• Review and adjust the schedule and raw material requirements with the Planning Manager where needed
• Plan ahead and anticipate problems, considering “what ifs” and be able to develop contingency plans
• Give all team members clear direction about what is expected of them
• Make decisions about equipment use, maintenance, modification and procurement
• Ensure implementation and adherence to health and safety procedures
• Understand the quality standards and make sure they are adhered to
• Analyse production and quality issues to detect and correct problems
• Determine and implement improvements to the production process
• Monitor and review the performance of supervisors.
• Set and manage production budgets
• Ensure efficient collaboration and co-ordination between relevant departments including Development, Quality and Purchasing within the factory
Key skills and knowledge:
• Experience in production and manufacturing processes and techniques – FMCG experience is a MUST
• The ability to multi-task and prioritise your workload
• Knowledge of planning and raw materials systems
• Understanding of quality systems and standards – Lean skills also helpful
• Extensive understanding of health and safety standards and compliance
• Knowledge of process improvement techniques
• Knowledge of business, finance and management principles
• Knowledge of HR principles and practices including experience of running large sites
• An understanding of machinery and tools
• Knowledge of engineering and technology principles and practices
• Team working skills and the ability to lead and motivate others
• Project management skills
• Excellent computer skills is essential
The successful Operations Manager will receive a salary of up to £45k plus car allowance and be working for a company that believes in career development
More Jobs from manucomm recruitment
- Product Manager - Lighting
- Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer
- Electrical Engineer
- Maintenance Engineer
- Hygiene Supervisor / Manager
- CAD Engineer / Junior CAD Engineer
- Multi Skilled Engineer / Shift Engineer
- Administrator / Junior Planner / Trainee Planner
- Production Operative / General Labourer
- Day shift Engineer / Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
- Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
- Warehouse Assistant - FLT Driver
- Procurement Manager / Purchasing manager / Senior Buyer
- Account Manager / Business Manager
- Marketing Assistant - Footwear
- Engineering Manager
- Multi Skilled Engineer
- Shift Engineer / Maintenance Engineer
- Technical Administrator / Technical Assistant - Food Industry
- Maintenance Technician / Electrical Engineer