Senior Staff Nurse - Out of Hours Triage
Our client is a specialist cancer outpatient clinic with an international reputation as a centre of excellence.
Providing patients with the highest standard of cancer care possible.
This facility has a warm and friendly environment, where staff feel valued and recognised for their contribution to the overall reputation of the clinic.
Our client has an exciting new role for a Senior Staff Nurse - Out of Hours Triage to join their team of staff.
The main purpose of this post will be receiving and managing urgent telephone enquires outside of normal working hours from patients known to the facility who are receiving systemic anti-cancer treatment (SACT), undertake assessment of patient's health needs with the aid of UKONS triage tool and in compliance with clinical guidelines, arrange medical review, admission or follow up as an appropriate outcome to the assessment.
All suitable applicants should meet the following criteria:
- NMC Registered Nurse
- High level of current clinical knowledge
- Triage patient assessment experience: Experience with a range of patient groups
- Ability to project clarity during a telephone conversation
- Ability to work under pressure and to deal with emergency situations and /or difficult clients and stressful situations professionally.
- Ability to delegate and prioritise.
- Understanding of Urgent Care
This is a permanent full time post (37.5 hours per week).
We are happy to speak with candidates and advise on suitability.
More Jobs from Cavendish Professionals
- Senior Staff Nurse - Cardiothoracic
- Senior Radiographer
- Clinical Services Manager - Pharmacy
- Endoscopy Lead Sister/Charge Nurse
- Senior Cross Sectional Radiographer Band 7
- Anaesthetic Team Manager - Band 7
- Staff Nurse Orthopaedics (Band 6)
- Theatre Practitioner - Anaesthetics (Band 6)
- Theatre Scrub Practitioner (Band 6)
- Theatre Team Leader (10 months F.T.C.)
- Staff Nurse (Band 5) - Hospice
- Practice Development Lead - Theatres
- Senior Staff Nurse - Interventional Cardiology
- Clinical Systems Engineer
- Dental Assistant
- Advanced Nurse Practitioner Paediatric Neurology
- Advanced Nurse Practitioner Paediatric Endocrinology
- Advanced Nurse Practitioner Paediatric Surgery
- Oncology Nurse for Homecare
- Dementia Nurses for Homecare