Location: Hopton Cottage Care Home Mirfield
Hours: Full time.
Day time hours + 1 in 3 weekends off.
Salary: £8.00 - £9.00 per hour
A fantastic opportunity to join a premium care home and a great staff team.
Chefs are responsible for preparing first class, fresh food for 60 older people.
We are looking for someone with a genuine love for food and commitment to quality.
Food is a vital part of our residents' lives and this role is key to our quality of care.
We can offer reasonable working hours including regular weekends off and early finishes.
We have a spacious commercial kitchen.
Key duties and responsibilities of the Chef include;
,Preparing delicious British food with fresh ingredients
,Ensuring local authority 5
* hygiene rating compliance is maintained.
,Compliance with Care Quality commission nutritional standards for older people & environmental health.
,Communicating effectively with colleagues, management and residents.
,Level 2-3 in professional cookery or equivalent is preferable but if you are a great cook & baker who can cook to scale then please do apply.
,Knowledge of therapeutic diets
,Knowledge of COSHH and HACCP
,Possess effective written and verbal communication skills
,Possess good judgement, problem solving, and decision making skills
,A passion for baking and British classics
,Effective time keeping and time management
, Genuine Reliability and respect for importance of daily service for our residents
,Follow instructions; work in a clean efficient manner and work as a team.
, chat with customers and take part in monthly meetings
To be considered for this vacancy click ‘Apply Now' and forward a copy of your CV and covering letter.
One week trial and permanent great job for right candidate
- Rate: £8.00 - £9.00 per hour
- Location: Mirfield, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Catering
- Recruiter: 2M Employment Solutions Limited
- Tel: 02392 387722
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2016-08-30 12:01:09 -
- View all Jobs from 2M Employment Solutions Limited
More Jobs from 2M Employment Solutions Limited
- Business Administrator
- Refrigeration Design Engineer/Project Engineer
- IT Development Manager
- Accounts Assistant
- Customer Support Executive
- Employment Law Consultant
- Health and Safety Consultant
- Team Manager
- Support Worker
- Support Workers
- Children and Young Persons Domestic Abuse Advocate
- Care & Support Coordinator
- Key Account Manager
- Claims Assistant (Customer Service)
- IT Cognos Developer
- Media Executive
- Direct Access Hostel Worker
- Support Workers (Weekends)
- Night Support Worker
- Senior Business Development Manager