Advanced Nurse Practitioner Women's Health
The Advanced Practice Nurse (APN) is a licensed independent practitioner who is responsible for managing health problems and coordinating age appropriate health care for the patient.
S/he is part of the innovative care team that will meet the individual needs of the patient and their family.
The APN practices in accordance with Qatar's Council for Healthcare Practitioner (QCHP) rules and regulations and the APNs professional body's standards of care providing evidence-based best practice care in an age appropriate care model.
Included in their scope of practice is performing histories, examinations, ordering appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic tests and procedures along with prescribing pharmacological and non-pharmacological interventions.
The APN manages chronic patient conditions.
S/he is instrumental in providing patient and family education.
The APN is an active and respected member of the Healthcare team designed to meet the individual needs of the patient and her family.
The APN takes key responsibility as a patient advocate and ensuring referral of the patient when necessary.
Key Role Accountabilities:
- Functions independently to evaluates and treats patients with complex acute, critical and chronically ill patients, according to written guidelines as defined by the nurse practitioner's professional scope of practice as defined by the QCHP and in adherence with agreed upon scopes of practice
- Performs age appropriate histories on new patients
- Performs pertinent physical exams with assessment of the normal and abnormal findings on new patients
- Obtains age appropriate interval histories on return patients
- Performs focused examinations on return patients
- Performs or requests and evaluates diagnostic studies as indicated upon evaluation of the patient
- Prescribes appropriate pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatment modalities (obtains counter-signature on prescription from the supervising physician for medications not included in the approved formulary)
- Prescribes physical therapy and other rehabilitation treatments
- Performs designated procedures after demonstrating competency and according to written standardised procedure where applicable
- Facilitates the patient's transition within and between health care settings: admissions, transfers and discharges and completes appropriate documentation
- Works across all service lines by collaborating with multidisciplinary team members and making appropriate referrals
- Applies critical thinking to make independent determinations on process and policy exceptions that need to be defined on a case by case judgment
- Where appropriate and skilled, assists the physician in the operating room in accordance with operating room protocols
- Evaluates the effectiveness of interventions.
A full job description is available upon request.
- Master's degree from an accredited school of nursing
- Holds the appropriate Board Certification for specialty
- A Minimum of 6 years' experience with 2 years' experience as a general scope nurse and a minimum of 4 years of experience as an APN in Obstetrics
- Basic Life Support certification (Paediatric/Adult)
- Advanced Life Support certification required in some specialty areas
- Ability to utilise extended education, skills and experience in the assessment, evaluation, diagnosis and management of acute and chronic illness and disease (e.g.
Hypertension, diabetes, dyslidemia, anaemia, asthma, depression, anxiety, obesity, osteoarthritis, smoking cessation, thyroid disorder, wound care, musculoskeletal disorder, etc.)
- Skilled in obtaining patient histories and conducting physical examinations
- Skilled in ordering and performing diagnostic studies (e.g.
Lab tests, x-rays and EKGs)
- Skilled in prescribing pharmacological and non-pharmacological interventions (prescriptive authority)
- Skilled in providing prenatal care
- Skilled in providing well-child care, including screening and immunisations
- Demonstrated ability in providing primary and specialty care services
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Benefits- Highly competitive package including a Tax free salary in Qatar + benefits.
Full details of the package will be discussed directly.
Please note the targeted start date for the position is dependent on the current timeline for the project.
Likewise, the processing of licensing (if applicable)/ visas etc.
also need to be considered.
We will advise candidates specifically when we discuss the opportunity.
More Jobs from Cavendish Professionals
- Oncology Nurse
- Senior 1 Inpatients Physiotherapist
- Senior Registered Nurse
- Sister/Charge Nurse - Oncology
- Senior Staff Nurse - Cardiothoracic
- Senior Radiographer
- Clinical Services Manager - Pharmacy
- Endoscopy Lead Sister/Charge Nurse
- Senior Cross Sectional Radiographer Band 7
- Anaesthetic Team Manager - Band 7
- Staff Nurse Orthopaedics (Band 6)
- Theatre Practitioner - Anaesthetics (Band 6)
- Theatre Scrub Practitioner (Band 6)
- Theatre Team Leader (10 months F.T.C.)
- Staff Nurse (Band 5) - Hospice
- Practice Development Lead - Theatres
- Senior Staff Nurse - Interventional Cardiology
- Clinical Systems Engineer
- Dental Assistant
- Advanced Nurse Practitioner Paediatric Neurology