Our client is an ultramodern, all-digital academic medical centre specialising in the provision of care for women and children.
Based in Qatar, our client will focus on world-class patient care, medical education and biomedical research.
We are recruiting for an Orthopaedic Technician.
Orthopaedic Cast Technician provides care and support to patients by performing orthopaedic related technical procedures such as the application, adjustment and removal of casts, splints and braces and assembles traction apparatus under the supervision of a physician.
Key Role Accountabilities:
- Greets and prepares patients requiring paediatric orthopaedic services, responds to patients needs and manages patient flow
- Assists with diagnostic tests and clinical procedures as required
- Assists the orthopaedic surgeon(s) and/or nursing/allied health staff to comprehensively manage and rehabilitate sick and disabled patients with fractured bones
- Assists in evaluation and application of casts and orthopaedic appliances
- Applies, adjusts and removes casts, assembles traction apparatus, fits strappings and splints to paediatric orthopaedic patients following established procedures for patient care and safety
- Provides education to the patient and family on the proper care and use of casts and orthopaedic appliances and advises on patient mobility assistance as required
- Changes wound dressings and removes sutures and staples using appropriate aseptic techniques.
Ensures standard precautions for anticipated contact with blood and infectious materials
- Documents accurately relevant clinical information in the patient chart, schedules patient appointments and performs clerical duties as required
- Prepares, cleans, maintains and sterilizes equipment and instruments and disposes of contaminated items and keeps examination rooms clean and orderly
- Maintains an inventory of orthopaedic supplies and equipment and ensures that casting and other relevant instruments/consumables are always available and reports equipment failure to their supervisor promptly
- Performs on call duties and shift assignments as required by the orthopaedic services.
- Participates actively in continuing education, attending educational activities and committees as requested
- Maintains strict patient confidentiality
- Follows all hospital related policies and procedures
- Participates in education, training and development, as applicable
- Performs other related duties as assigned
A full job description is available upon request.
- Vocational or Technical training in Orthopaedic Technology or equivalent
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Certification as a cast technician in country of origin
- Demonstrated ability to apply and integrate knowledge and skills into practice
- Demonstrated expertise and knowledge in care, application, and safe removal of casting specialized to paediatric orthopaedics (e.g.
hip spica, Ponseti casts, etc.)
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in application of specialized braces including Pavlik Harness, Hip Abduction braces, Clubfoot Foot Abduction Orthosis (FAO), etc.
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Diploma or Associates Degree in Orthopaedic Technology
- Experience working with disabled or injured populations
- Experience with training individuals in the use of gait aids
Benefits- Highly competitive package including a Tax free salary in Qatar + benefits.
Full details of the package will be discussed directly.
Please note the targeted start date for the position is dependent on the current timeline for the project.
Likewise, the processing of licensing (if applicable)/ visas etc.
also need to be considered.
We will advise candidates specifically when we discuss the opportunity.
More Jobs from Cavendish Professionals
- Dementia Nurses for Homecare
- Palliative Care Nurse-Homecare
- Registered Nurses - Rehabilitation in Patients' Own Homes
- Consultant - Radiology (Fetal and Women's Imaging)
- Consultant - Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Theatre Practitioner
- Consultant - Paediatric Ophthalmology
- Infection & Prevention Control Nurse
- Lead Nurse - Diagnostics and Outpatients
- Theatre Practitioner - Anaesthetics
- Physiotherapy Supervisor
- Senior Infrastructure Design Engineer
- Senior Infrastructure Engineer
- Legal Counsel - Dispute Management
- Quantity Surveyor
- Senior Biomedical Scientist - Histopathology
- Senior Biomedical Scientist - Cytogenetics
- Senior Biomedical Scientist - Point of Care Testing
- Senior Biomedical Scientist - Microbiology and Virology
- Senior Biomedical Scientist - Clinical Chemistry