Laboratory Information Systems Analyst
Our client is an ultramodern, all-digital academic medical centre specialising in the provision of care for women and children.
Based in Qatar, our client will focus on world-class patient care, medical education and biomedical research.
We are recruiting for a Laboratory Information Systems Analyst to join the Department of Pathology.
The department of Pathology is a professional service that provides a full range of diagnostic testing & interpretations and serves additional functions including academic training and teaching.
The Analyst - LIS (Laboratory Information Systems) is responsible for analyzing data and modifying process changes within the laboratory information systems for Sidra's Pathology Department based on data driven initiatives.
S/he also gathers and analyzes data, improves methods and procedures, recommends design changes in the form of user proposals, instructs on operational methodologies, and modifies and implements computer program specifications.
The incumbent is also responsible for implementation and support involving systems testing and user training.
Key Role Accountabilities:
- Implements all aspects of laboratory information system requirements, including systems analysis, policy and procedure documentation, test plans, system performance, and user training
- Manages the development and installation of computer hardware or software upgrades from the point of proposition, evaluation, budgeting, testing, project management, vendor execution of upgrade, quality control, and acceptance
- Oversees automated system installations and computer operations to ensure data is processed according to program instructions to ensure timely communication of results to unit-based video displays hospital-wide and with timely alerting of critically adverse patient conditions
- Monitors automated interfaces, both instrument and related hospital-wide computer systems, to ensure optimum accuracy, appropriate flow of data, and timely turnaround of results
- Controls data storage and flow to ensure ongoing effective data retrieval and report generation systems; plans and forecasts data needs; and manages data storage in compliance with regulatory requirements for long-term storage of data and retrieval for patient care and report generation purposes
- Develops reports to integrate between various systems and the Laboratory Information Systems
- Evaluates software and makes recommendations regarding software upgrades and new modules
- Develops software and designs software modifications necessary to meet reporting needs, or as required by new instrument interfaces or lab tests
- Works with clinical staff to identify the functional capabilities of the specialized software applications, investigating causes of system malfunctions, and troubleshoots source of errors
- Assesses reporting needs, including operational, management, regulatory requirements, and ensures report generation needs of the department are met
- Prepares test plans for system or software upgrades, coordinates and executes testing, prepares environments, and documents results
- Participates in integration of network configurations and system servers to ensure that design meets the system and disaster recovery requirements
A full job description is available upon request.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology or related field
- 3+ years in Laboratory Information System management
- Cerner certification PathNet Application builds
- Knowledge of LIONC build and implementation
- Demonstrated knowledge of independently managing all aspects of information management systems
- Demonstrated skills in Requirement gathering, implementing, conducting user training on Laboratory Information systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of ISO15189/CPA/CAP/ JCI standards and guidelines
- Demonstrated to work effectively within an international and multi-cultural environment
- Demonstrated to apply systems thinking and approaches
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Benefits- Highly competitive package including a Tax free salary in Qatar + benefits.
Full details of the package will be discussed directly.
Please note the targeted start date for the position is dependent on the current timeline for the project.
Likewise, the processing of licensing (if applicable)/ visas etc.
also need to be considered.
We will advise candidates specifically when we discuss the opportunity.
More Jobs from Cavendish Professionals
- Senior Staff Nurse - Cardiothoracic
- Senior Radiographer
- Clinical Services Manager - Pharmacy
- Endoscopy Lead Sister/Charge Nurse
- Senior Cross Sectional Radiographer Band 7
- Anaesthetic Team Manager - Band 7
- Staff Nurse Orthopaedics (Band 6)
- Theatre Practitioner - Anaesthetics (Band 6)
- Theatre Scrub Practitioner (Band 6)
- Theatre Team Leader (10 months F.T.C.)
- Staff Nurse (Band 5) - Hospice
- Practice Development Lead - Theatres
- Senior Staff Nurse - Interventional Cardiology
- Clinical Systems Engineer
- Dental Assistant
- Advanced Nurse Practitioner Paediatric Neurology
- Advanced Nurse Practitioner Paediatric Endocrinology
- Advanced Nurse Practitioner Paediatric Surgery
- Oncology Nurse for Homecare
- Dementia Nurses for Homecare