Position: Software Developer
Location: St Albans, Hertfordshire (20 Mins from Central London)
Salary: £28,000 - £35,000 per annum + Overtime, Bonus & Other Benefits
Our client is a multiple award-winning agency who put technology at the heart of their work and offer the chance to progress rapidly.
They work with many of the UK’s leading brands – from Marks & Spencer, Sainsbury’s and Virgin Atlantic to O2, New Look and John Lewis and is proud to have been recent winners of the MRS award for Best Agency and, following nominations from their clients, two AURA Awards – evidence of their high standing in the industry.
The Software Developer Role:
Their IT Development Team is integral to their success and they now require a Software Developer to join them.
They work in small teams so, from day one, you will be in the thick of it – working on challenging and high-profile projects, giving you a great chance for rapid career progression.
In return your commitment will be matched with all the encouragement and support you’ll need to maximise your potential and have a high impact on development deliverables.
This is a great chance to apply your skills to greenfield and established applications, using the latest tools and technologies, such as;
• Windows Azure
• Visual Studio 2013
• SQL Server 2014
• ASP.NET MVC
• TeamCity 9
• Octopus Deploy
• New Relic
The Ideal Candidate:
Our client is looking for a smart, achievement-oriented Software Developer who will possess an analytical capability, inquisitive mind and effective problem-solving skills coupled with great communication skills, a delivery-focused approach and an aptitude for finding creative solutions to fast-changing situations.
The ideal candidate will also have a positive team attitude with the willingness to maintain high professional standards who will also have a passion for programming and a desire to learn.
Essential Skills Required:
- Excellent C# .NET
- ASP.NET MVC
- Solid T-SQL
- A strong grasp of formal development processes
- Excellent Object Orientation techniques
Preferred/Desirable Skills Required:
- Entity Framework
- Responsive web design
- Data warehousing exposure
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum practices
In addition to the skills mentioned above, your technical expertise and thirst for delivering fast, efficient and stable solutions will enable you to develop Windows and web applications for internal and external clients - such as client portals or online questionnaire applications.
- Graduate with at least a 2:1 Degree
- Minimum of 1 years’ application development
- Demonstrable proven experience in designing and developing .NET applications
- Hands-on experience in troubleshooting software issues
Pay & Benefits Package:
For the right candidate, there is an outstanding remuneration package which includes the following;
- Competitive starting salary of £28-35k plus performance-related bonus scheme and paid overtime
- Internal and external training courses – a commitment to your personal development
- 25 Days holiday (and the option to bank up to 5 extra days), Bank Holidays plus your birthday off
- Pluralsight based training
- Buddy scheme, paid-for lunches and an interest-free season ticket loan
- A generously funded social committee run by their employees – past events including theatre trips, quiz nights, summer barbecues and much more
If you are interested in this exciting Software Developer position, simply apply via the button shown including a Cover Letter and CV.
This vacancy is being advertised by Net-Recruit.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: n/a
- Rate: £28,000 - £35,000 + Bonus
- Location: St Albans,England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: IT
- Recruiter: Net-Recruit.Co.Uk Ltd
- Contact: Candidate Services
- Tel: 01457 851142
- Fax: 01457 862214
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: BW/M184/SD-2709
- Posted: 2016-08-30 15:25:11 -
- View all Jobs from Net-Recruit.Co.Uk Ltd
More Jobs from Net-Recruit.Co.Uk Ltd
- Junior Java Developer
- Junior Web Developer
- Nanny / Personal Assistant
- Electronics & Embedded Software Engineer
- IT Specialist
- Junior Application Support Engineer
- Customer Experience Agent
- PLC Engineer
- Sales Order Co-Ordinator
- Customer Service Administrator
- Customer Service & Sales Team Leader
- Driver - HGV (Class 2)
- Diesel Feature Software Engineer
- Powertrain Engineer - Automotive
- Account Manager
- Warehouse Operative
- Electronic Repairs Technician
- Area Sales Manager
- MPS & Materials Planner
- Talent Acquisition Specialist