IT Support Specialist / Computer Technician
IT Support Specialist / Computer Technician £20,000 to £24,000 + benefits (depending on experience)
The IT Support Specialist / Computer Technician will provide 1st and 2nd line support to internal staff, helping with the maintenance of computer systems, networks, peripheral equipment and IP based phone systems.
This includes the diagnosis and rectification of hardware, Microsoft software, e-mail, backup and networking faults by phone or remote desktop tools.
Responsibilities of the IT Support Specialist / Computer Technician include:
- resolving IT issues via telephone, face to face or remotely
- installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications
- monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks
- troubleshooting system and network problems / diagnosing hardware and software faults
- supporting the installation of new hardware / software applications
- setting up new user accounts, profiles and dealing with password issues
Our client is an architectural practice championing a collaborative approach to creating exceptional built environments and one of the leading architectural practices in the UK.
With an enviable blue chip client base, their work includes HQ Offices, Business Parks, Urban Regeneration, Educational, Residential, Historic Buildings and Conservation projects.
Voted South West Practice of the Year and Best Place to Work in 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 and featured in the Building Good Employers Guide 2013.
The IT Support Specialist / Computer Technician will have:
- BTEC in IT, CompTIA, Degree in ICT, relevant qualification
- Previous experience in an IT support role
- Knowledge of Microsoft technologies (Windows Server 2008/2012, Windows 7/8.1, Exchange 2010 etc.)
- Active Directory, DNS, Windows domains
- VMware / Hyper-V
- Understanding of networking and IP based phone systems
- An interest in technology and IT troubleshooting / problem solving
- Advantageous but not essential: CAD applications, iPhone support, Linux, HTML / PHP / SQL
If you wish to be considered for the role of IT Support Specialist / Computer Technician, please forward a CV stating remuneration details and availability, quoting reference 262324A.
WE REGRET WE CAN ONLY ACCEPT APPLICATIONS FROM PERSONS AUTHORISED TO WORK WITHIN THE UK
Applications invited with skills / experience in: it support specialist Bristol computer technician first line technical support Microsoft MSoffice windows server exchange SQL pc laptop desktop 1st line support 2nd line 3rd line support it Bristol ict linux html php sql BTEC CompTIA ICT degree bsc
ThreePeople advertises vacancies on behalf of clients.
If your CV matches our clients requirements, we will forward your details to them to confirm your suitability.
By applying for this role, you consent to the submission of your details for this purpose only.
Your CV will not be retained by ThreePeople for future use.
More Jobs from ThreePeople
- Stock-Keeper / Dispatch – Chemical Manufacturing
- Technical Sales Engineer
- Secretary / Legal Administrator
- Area Sales Manager
- Sales & Marketing Administrator
- Sales & Marketing Administrator
- Sales / Business Development Executive
- Call Centre / Customer Service Advisor
- Project Manager / Office Manager
- Regional Press Adviser
- Software Engineer
- Goods Inward / Stock-keeper / Dispatch / Solution Manufacturing
- Health & Safety Manager
- Sales & Marketing Coordinator
- Account Manager - Telecoms
- Sales Executive / Telesales
- CIO / Chief Information Officer
- Software Engineer / Implementation Consultant
- Sales Director - Software / SaaS
- Buyer / Purchasing Manager