Power Electronics Lead Engineer
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive.
GE is organized around a global exchange of knowledge, the "GE Store", through which each business shares and accesses the same technology, markets, structure and intellect.
Each invention further fuels innovation and application across our industrial sectors.
With people, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE's worldwide HVDC Centre of Excellence in Stafford, provides complete turn-key solutions for the rapidly-growing global HVDC market.
Project Management, Engineering, Manufacturing, Test Laboratories and R&D are all located in Stafford.
The Power Electronics Lead Engineer will lead a team working at the forefront of HVDC technology which means; patents; publications and collaborations are routine activities.
The team of engineers provides research for new power electronics components for applications in power systems, particularly for HVDC convertors and the forthcoming “HVDC grid”.
Main duties and responsibilities of the Power Electronics Lead Engineer:
, Leading a small team in the research and design of projects
, Responsibility for overall design of power electronics hardware prototypes
, Specification and evaluation of convertor topologies
, Analysis of power electronic circuits
, Power electronic convertor loss evaluation methods
, Evaluation of future technologies
, Enhancement of multi modular convertor features
, Design for high reliability and high availability, FMEA
Power Electronics Lead Engineer requirements:
, Educated to a minimum of Bsc level within engineering, or science discipline such as; Physics, Electrical or Electronic Engineering.
, Practical experience in design, build and test of power electronics converters/hardware
, Previous experience within power electronics convertors for grid connected application
, Conversant with Simulations tools such as Matlab- Simulink, PLECS, PSCAD or SABER
, Experience with IGBTs and GCTs
, Knowledge of voltage source converters including topologies and control is preferred
, Product design experience is an advantage
, Power system engineering experience
, Intellectual property and the patent process experience is an advantage
, Previous experience leading a team
Opening Date: 23/08/2016
Closing Date: 23/09/2016
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
More Jobs from JAM Recruitment Ltd
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Development Engineer
- Senior Quality Engineer
- Global Mobility Manager - Essen
- Business Development Director - Midwest USA
- Business Development Director - Northeast USA
- Immigration Practice Leader - Geneva
- Global Mobility Leader - Zurich
- Employee Relations Consultant - Clearwater
- International Mobility & Tax Manager - Paris
- Disponent(in) / Dispatcher - Frankfurt am Main
- Relocation Services Consultant - Zurich
- Destination Services Consultant - Zurich
- International Mobility Expert - Utrecht
- Relocation Specialist - Los Angeles
- Relocation Services Consultant - Birmingham
- Expatriate Compensation Manager - Minneapolis
- Global Mobility & Compensation Consultant - Amsterdam
- International Move Coordinator - Cologne
- Global Talent & Development Manager - Bonn