CARE HOME MANAGER
My client is a rewarding Nursing home that supports patients suffering from dementia.
The Carehome is located in Great Manchester in Bolton.
My client is looking for a Care home manager to join their developing nursing team to provide high quality, compassionate nursing care to patients.
- Ensure that quality standards are maintained and drive for continuous improvement at all times
- Practice maximum integrity in all dealings with clients personal and financial affairs to build and maintain trust
- Effectively manage Care Home staff through coaching, mentorship and development to inspire, motivate and lead the team, dealing effectively with performance issues when they arise.
- Assess and maintain the correct number of staff for the Care Centre at any given time through robust rostering and maintenance.
Recruiting appropriate staff where necessary.
Be ‘on-call’, for emergencies, which may arise within the Care Centre, and to cover shifts if all other avenues have been exhausted.
- Maintain control of the budgetary spend within the Care Centre through regular monitoring
- Effectively manage relationships with residents, their families, people within the local community and with professional colleagues.
- Provide reports and updates to the Area Manager on Care Centre performance and development.
- Deliver optimum operational efficiency and cost effectiveness within the Care Centre.
- Effectively monitor the care planning and ongoing evaluation of care
- Adhere to, and implement, all HR policies and procedures
- Actively market the Care Centre and promote a positive personal / professional profile within the local community, ensuring the good reputation of the Care Centre at all times.
- Ensure Staff Members receive appropriate training in all aspects of their work in the Care Centre, and are given help and guidance where appropriate. Promote Staff training and development and maintain up to date records.
- Understand, and ensure the implementation of, the Care Centre’s Health & Safety policy, and Emergency & Fire procedures.
- Be responsible for infection control. Monitor and review accident reports, ensuring regulatory bodies are informed of incidents when necessary e.g.
Health Authorities/Boards, Environmental/Public Health etc.
- Ensure compliance with the CSCI/Care Commission regulatory requirements. Prepare draft response to CSCI/Care Commission Inspection Reports for approval by responsible Individual prior to issue.
- In conjunction with the Area Manager and Service Quality Advisor, effectively action and investigate any complaints received in the Care Centre in a timely manner
- 1st Level Nurse (Nursing Care Centre) or NVQ level 3 in Care of the Elderly (Residential Care Centre)
- Registered Managers Award or equivalent (achieved/ working towards)
- Broad experience of managing people, service and quality to achieve performance targets.
- Must demonstrate a caring/ service ethos; ideally come from a Health and Social Care Sector background.
- Comprehensive understanding of commercial principles and practices.
- Good understanding of P&L structure and budget management.
- Excellent ability to build lasting relationships
- Ability to act sensitively and confidentially.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills, and ability to work on own initiative.
- Demonstrates a high level of personal integrity towards providing a high standard of service
- Excellent record in achieving results through people
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Proficient computer skills in word processing, database use and spreadsheet applications.
- Care for the elderly experience/ qualification desirable
- Full Driving Licence.
Interviews are taking place next week dont miss out.
Call me on 0207 861 8950 and Ask for Lloyd Madu
- Start: 31/08/2016
- Duration: n/a
- Rate: Â£35000 to Â£45000 Per: annum
- Location: Bolton,England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Medical
- Recruiter: HCL Permanent
- Contact: Lloyd Maduakolam
- Tel: 08450 063 701
- Fax: 0870 762 7968
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: LM190816HM
- Posted: 2016-08-31 15:21:03 -
- View all Jobs from HCL Permanent
More Jobs from HCL Permanent
- Specialty Doctor Stroke Medicine
- Consultant Paediatricion
- Specialty Doctor Anaesthetics
- Consultant - Anaesthetics
- Cardiac Experienced?
- Care Home Nurses Wanted Across the UK
- ICU Nurses Wanted
- Relocation Opportunities for Nurses
- Calling All Nurses!
- Staff Nurse - Oncology
- Cardiac Nurse - The Harley Street Clinic
- Staff Nurse - Cardiac
- Consultant Gastroenterologist
- Senior Clinical Fellow in Anaesthetics
- Consultant Gastroenterologist
- Specialty Doctor (Obstetrics & Gynaecology)
- Specialty Doctor in Gastroenterology
- Consultant in Ophthalmology
- Endoscopy Nurses Wanted!!!