General Manager - Fantastic Arts Venue - Peterborough - Â£30k
General Manager circa.
We are exclusively recruiting a General Manager for Key Theatre in Peterborough
Key Theatre brings all kinds of entertainment and culture to the heart of the city.
National touring shows, dance, drama, live bands, and much more.
We also put on a range of our own shows, including our Christmas pantomimes and productions throughout the year showcasing top local, regional and national talent.
Every seat in the house offers a perfect, intimate view, while our 112-seat Studio theatre is perfect for fringe, theatre and comedy shows, just about every evening of the year.
There’s plenty going on during the day, too, with dance, acting and singing workshops for all ages, matinee performances, and more.
We also have our very own Youth Theatre, which runs sessions throughout the year.
Vivacity is an independent, not-for-profit organisation with charitable status.
We manage many of Peterborough’s most popular culture and leisure facilities on behalf of Peterborough City Council.
The General Manager will:
- Lead the Key Theatre Management Team to develop and deliver the full potential of the Key Theatre, both on and off stage.
- Guarantee the theatre’s success by ensuring that the programme of events and performances is high quality, varied and accessible.
- Assess and develop new commercial opportunities to maximize income and profit.
- Develop and maintain the day to day operation of the Key Theatre to deliver exceptional customer service.
- Co-ordinate, deliver and continually refresh the three-year business plan for the theatre
- Delivery of Theatre budgets and performance targets.
Taking proactive action to ensure the successful business performance of the theatre.
- Develop and implement new commercial opportunities and income streams at the Key Theatre.
- Develop, co-ordinate and facilitate the hire of the theatre for conferences, meetings and private hire.
- Manage the relationship with the Senior Programmer and Arts Development Officer to develop the theatre programme and audience development opportunities.
- Ensure compliance with Vivacity financial procedures.
- Develop and deliver the Key Theatre annual budget.
Report on performance regularly, produce year end forecasts, take action to ensure that targets are achieved.
- Overall responsibility for all Staff at the Key Theatre through the Key Theatre management team.
- Develop a successful volunteer programme for the Key Theatre
- Lead the theatre staff team to deliver excellent customer service.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all HR policies and procedures.
- Take overall responsibility for the Vivacity Equalities Policy and Procedures at the Key Theatre
- Take overall responsibility for all Health & Safety matters at the Key Theatre
- Hold all necessary licences and ensure compliance with them together with any theatre leases.
- Be the main point of contact for all contractual negotiations, licences and agreements.
- Contract actors and creative teams as appropriate for Key Theatre productions.
- Maintain high level contact and dialogue with the Key Theatre’s customers, suppliers and important external influencers.
- Contribute to board papers, reports and annual reports as necessary.
Requirements – Experience and Qualifications
- At least 3 years experience of management of a Theatre, preferably including a catering function.
- Experience of operating/interacting at a senior level; ability to build and sustain productive, effective working relationships.
- Significant experience of managing a team of at least 30 staff.
- Experience of working or collaborating with creative people, ideally of working with an Artistic Director or Creative Producer/Programmers.
- Excellent interpersonal and people-management skills including the ability to organise others’ workloads.
- Empathy for volunteers within the arts and leisure environment.
- Commitment to and knowledge of customer care/service ethic.
- Demonstrable experience of identifying and building new business and maintaining strong relationships with key clients.
- Financial and business expertise with an entrepreneurial approach to negotiating with suppliers and clients.
- Ability to manage and sustain effective partnerships with a diverse range of organisations and individuals, including funders and sponsors.
- Excellent organisational and business planning skills, self-motivated with a systematic and efficient approach.
- Willingness to take on a range of tasks to ensure the smooth running of the Key Theatre.
- Excellent IT skills
- Ability to meet targets and deadlines under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail with an analytical mind
- Ideally educated to degree level.
- Evidence of continuing professional development.
- Requirements – Personal Characteristics
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral, with outstanding presentation skills.
Excellent planning, organisation and project management skills.
- Enthusiastic Flexible approach.
- Motivating line management skills to inspire teams to deliver.
- Analytical and numerical reasoning skills.
- Team player with a hands on approach.
To apply for this brilliant opportunity, please forward your current CV ASAP email@example.com
- Start: ..
- Duration: ..
- Rate: Â£excellent basics and benefits package
- Location: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Management
- Recruiter: Core Recruitment
- Contact: Craig Prentice
- Tel: 0207 790 2666
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: CP315698
- Posted: 2016-08-31 18:03:01 -
- View all Jobs from Core Recruitment
More Jobs from Core Recruitment
- Head of Marketing - London, UK, leading Branded business up to Â£60,000
- Assistant Manager - Restaurant Thinking in a Quick Service site! 25,000
- Head of Regional Operations - Nationwide - Â£75,000
- Head of Regional Operations - Nationwide - Â£75,000
- Assistant Manager, East London -Smaller growing pub company Â£24,000 - Â£25,000 MAYBE LIVE IN!!
- Business Analyst - Food business
- General Manager- High-end CafÃ© style restaurant- London- up to Â£45k
- General Manager, Hoxton - Looking for Individuals!
- Accounts Payable / Accounts Assistant- Hospitality Industry
- General Manager for Multi-Revenue F&B Businesses
- Accounts Payale / Accounts Assistant- Hospitality Industry
- SALES MANAGER - Branded hotel in London - up to Â£32000 + excellent bonus
- Assistant Manager - Exciting and Busy Bar and Restaurant - Reading - up to Â£23,000
- Deputy Manager - Exciting and Busy Bar and Restaurant - Aberdeen - up to Â£25,000
- Front Office Manager - Luxury Hotel in York - up to Â£35000
- Maitre D' - New Opening- Mayfair
- Assistant Manager - Holborn - Fantastic Multi Revenue Venue! Â£32,000 plus bonus
- Assistant Manager - West End - Â£23,000 to Â£25,000 plus service charge
- Hotel General Manager - North West - up to Â£75k + bonus
- Front of House Manager - Country House Hotel in Hampshire - Â£30000