Financial Controller - Manchester City Centre
Financial Controller - Manchester City Centre
Liquid Personnel (part of the ICS Group) have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Financial Controller to join our finance team based in our offices in Manchester.
Founded in 2006, Liquid Personnel are a rapidly growing and successful recruitment agency operating from the heart of Manchester city centre, specialising in social work, healthcare and nursing recruitment.
We've built a reputation as a fast-growing, award-winning business, providing excellent service to our customers.
We're very proud to have achieved a number of accolades and awards including Times Top 100 best small companies to work for over the last two years and Best Workplaces awards for the last four years.
Under the guidance of the Finance Director, the Financial Controller is responsible for leading and managing a team providing analysis and insight on the finance performance of the business whilst ensuring key financial controls are operating effectively.
The Financial Controller is also responsible for driving continuous improvement in financial processes to increase both the speed and accuracy with which the business can report.
The role will involve a significant level of communication with operational senior management and with group finance.
The remit of the role will include:
- Interface between Liquid Personnel operational teams and ICS group finance to ensure the highest standards of management reporting.
- Oversee the Liquid Personnel finance team (consisting of accounts payable, billings, credit control and payroll) supporting with day-to-day activities and shaping their development within the organisation.
- Critically evaluate the business's financial performance and proactively bring to management's attention areas of financial or operational inefficiency.
- Take a leading role in ensuring a rigorous control environment is maintained, challenging non-compliance and establishing appropriate solutions where necessary.
- Support the generation of new business by commercially evaluating new proposals, modelling alternative scenarios and providing succinct recommendations.
-Implement and report on KPI's to measure both operational performance and the efficiency of back office support functions.
- Support the accurate forecasting of the weekly gross margin and provide commercial insight into the root cause of variances.
- Ensure accurate accounting records are maintained at all times and that the balance sheet is correctly reconciled.
- Manage working capital, particularly concentrating on the prompt collection of debts and optimizing DSO.
- Review and forecast cash flow on a daily basis forecasting at least 4 weeks ahead.
Liaise with ICS concerning any shortfalls in good time.
- Lead on implementing new processes to ensure the continued improvement of the finance and operational departments.
- Support key stakeholders in the preparation of the annual budget.
- Support management information system enhancements to ensure information is relevant and timely.
Candidates will be CIMA or ACA qualified with a minimum of 4-years post qualification experience.
We are looking for someone with strong interpersonal skills who will be customer focussed across all levels of our organisation.
You will be comfortable making commercial decisions and be able to present operational information to the senior management team effectively.
Experience of working in a staffing organisation would be desirable.
This is a full time role working 8.30am - 5.30pm Monday - Thursday and 9.00am - 5.00pm every Friday.
In addition to this you can also benefit from;
- 24 days holiday, plus an extra day for every year you remain with the company
- Workplace pension
- Discounted parking in Manchester City Centre
- Free gym membership
- Working within close-knit and supportive teams
- Excellent training
- Company Events - e.g.
Summer Party, Christmas Party, Bowling, Chester Races
More Jobs from Liquid Personnel
- Social Worker -Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) -Darlington
- Social Worker - Referral and Assessment - Dorset - £31 p/h
- Practice Manager -Children's Safeguarding Team-Northamptonshire
- Social Work - Reablement- Waltham Forest - £26 - 28 per hour
- Social Worker - Adoption - Somerset - up to £31p/h
- Children Protection - Social Worker - Kirklees - £30 per hour
- Health and Wellbeing Nurse (RGN or RMN) - Birmingham
- Child Protection - Social Worker - Stockport - £25.02 per hour
- Adult Review Team - Social Worker - Wiltshire - £25 per hour
- Social Worker - Children in Need - 0 - 12 Team - Dorset - £31ph
- Principal Social Worker - Referral and Assessment - Cardiff
- Social Worker -Adults Learning Disability Team - Coventry-£25ph
- Social Worker - Fostering Team - Gloucestershire - Up to £31ph
- Occupational Therapist -Adults Community - Guilford -£25-£30ph
- Physiotherapist - Band 5 - Community Rehab - North London
- Physiotherapist - Band 5 - Stroke Rehab - North London
- Occupational Therapist - Band 6 - Intermediate Care - Community
- Occupational Therapist - Acute - North London - Band 6
- Occupational Therapist - Intermediate Rehab Team - Barnet
- Occupational Therapist - Community Moving & Handling - Band 6 -