IT Service Management Consultant, ITIL V3
IT Service Management Consultant, ITIL v3 - Management & Technical Consultancy - Surrey & Field Based
Excellent salary & benefits including bonus & on-going training
We are working on behalf of an expanding Management and Technical Consultancy based in Surrey who are looking to take on ITSM Consultants to work on a variety of complex and critical technology projects for mainly Public Sector customers including the MOD, NHS, Fire Service, Police Forces, MoJ and Central Government.
You will provide consultancy to public sector organisations to help them get maximum benefit from their ICT investment and will be required to give authoritative advice on all aspects of IT Service Management relating to large scale programmes.
This may find you providing high-value strategy, business analysis and procurement consultancy to ensure any solution aligns with the business objectives.
You will also be expected to provide authoritative advice on likely future service developments and routes to exploit these.
The role will require you to directly deliver consultancy to public sector end clients, ensuring the overall success of the engagement.
The role involves producing high quality, formal deliverables and reviewing formal deliverables developed by others.
It requires significant stakeholder engagement, dealing directly with the client, including resolving day-day issues involved in assignment delivery.
You will have an aptitude for problem solving and being able to communicate solutions simply and concisely.
Due to the nature of customer side working, regular travel within the UK should be expected.
Experience within the UK Public Sector is desirable, although experience of large scale service integration / change projects is essential.
Our position as a client side advisor means that strong influencing and personal skills are essential.
The fast moving nature of the ICT environment together with the need to resource multiple, ad-hoc assignments also requires the individual to be self-starting, intellectually agile, proactive and self-motivated : with the ability to apply a structured approach to often unfamiliar subject matter.
In addition to ITIL v3 (intermediate or above), it is essential that the candidate has experience in the application of at least two of the following methods and standards in use within our customer base, additional experience in other elements would be highly desirable:
- Business or systems analysis methods and tools, e.g.
BPMN, Lean, RUP, UML, TOGAF, COBIT, etc;
- Service Management audit and maturity assessment;
- Management of transformational change;
- Software development methods and techniques;
- Central government information security policy standards / ISO17799;
- Business case development to Treasury guidelines;
- Standard methodologies for:
- Requirements capture and analysis;
- Feasibility studies and business case development;
- Cost modelling and investment appraisal;
- Systems integration and testing.
As you will work closely with the company's clients, we naturally need people to be effective team players and to have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
You will need to be able to pass stringent security clearance as SC clearance is a requirement.
More specific details available on application.
Additional Resources Ltd is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Permanent
- Rate: 50000-60000 Per Annum
- Location: London & South East
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Other
- Recruiter: Additional Resources Ltd.
- Contact: Luke
- Tel: 0845 450 6635
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: LUK/L/032199
- Posted: 2016-09-03 10:41:52 -
- View all Jobs from Additional Resources Ltd.
More Jobs from Additional Resources Ltd.
- Java Developer / Senior Java Developer - Huntingdon
- Project Manager (e-Prescribing software implementation) - Home based with UK travel
- Project Manager - NHS Software Implementations - Home based with Travel
- Java Developer - Coventry
- Solution Architect (C# asp.net) - South Birmingham (near the NEC)
- Senior .Net Developer (C# asp.net) - South Birmingham (near the NEC)
- Implementation Consultant - Financial, Accounting, Payment Software - Home based with UK Travel
- Hosted Service Engineer - (not shifts) - Altrincham, South Manchester
- Customer Support Analyst (Application Support) - Altrincham
- Tax Manager Fully ACA / ACCA Qualified - Basildon, Essex
- Research & Development Tax Credit Consultant AAT Qualified - Litchfield, Staffordshire
- Time Served Fabricator / Welder - Leigh on Sea, Essex
- Fabricator / Welder - Leigh on Sea, Essex
- Welder / Fabricator - Leigh on Sea, Essex
- Sales Negotiator - Liverpool
- Senior Technical Services Engineer - Leeds
- IT Service Desk Analyst 1st/2nd Line Support - Leeds
- Corporate Tax Assistant Manager - London
- Junior IT Service Desk Analyst 1st/2nd Line Support - Leeds
- Senior Accounts Assistant AAT - Practice Experience / Nearly qualified ACCA/ ACA - Plymouth