National Sales Manager
National Sales Manager
A National Sales Manager is required to join one of the UK’s leading brands of fuel treatments and additives to the automotive sector, leading and motivating their direct field sales team throughout the UK.
Product quality, innovation and the drive and support of a highly skilled informative and technical workforce, has resulted in their products being securely endorsed by leading vehicle repairers.
Their concept approach and unique sales and marketing process has ensured that they remain at the forefront of their customers business.
Ideal Location – Central UK (Good UK Motorway Access)
Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Gloucester, Hereford, Worcester, Coventry, Oxford, Milton Keynes, Northampton, Leicester, Derby, Nottingham, Stoke-on-Trent
Basic Salary + Bonus (circa £50k - £70k) + Car + Excellent Benefits
Forming part of the Senior Management team and reporting directly to the Business Unit Manager you will be responsible for the UK sales team.
- Lead, develop, manage and support the entire external sales force for the business.
(6 Regional Managers, 2 Technical Managers, 1 Marketing Manager, 72 Field Sales)
- Directly manage the Regional Management team, including performance assessments and feedback, developing their skills, creating and implementing development plans and improving overall performance.
- Monitor and evaluate regional performance.
- Become an active part of the senior management team, involved in defining the overall business planand making key decisions.
- Define commercial strategy.
- Work closely with the Business Unit Manager to increase market share and identify growth opportunities.
- Work with other functional managers including Marketing, Technical Support, Finance and Operations.
- Nurture business relationships with key industry groups and stakeholders.
- Build strong relationships with new customers
Target Profile / Experience
- Inspirational leadership and an established sales management track record spanning at least 5 years is essential.
- Excellent understanding of the automotive aftermarket and repairer channels are highly desirable.
- Strong commercial awareness in addition to sales focus is a prerequisite.
- Persuasive and affable presenter with the ability to engage and inspire subordinates, peers and customers alike.
- A business closer able to recognise and capitalise on buying signals to a successful conclusion.
- Succinct communicator with an ability to operate through all levels of the business.
- Technical appreciation of mechanical or automotive applications is a desirable quality however by no means essential.
- Self starter and highly motivated individual towards goal and target achievement.
- Stable career to date with an ability to demonstrate progression and achievements throughout time whilst engaged with an employer.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Results driven.
- Highly numerate and articulate.
- Exceptional literacy skills both verbally and written.
- PC literate covering all general Microsoft applications.
- Attention to detail.
- Commercially savvy.
- Ability to ‘think outside the box’
Key Measures in relation to the role
- UK sales revenue and profitability achievement.
- Team development and management.
- Achievement of team goals and objectives.
- Retention of existing business levels and customers.
- New revenue stream development.
- New and successful product introduction and market placement.
- Bottom line attainability.
Apply in confidence
To apply for the National Sales Manager job please forward your CV to Kayleigh Bradley, Senior Recruiter at Glen Callum Associates Ltd or call Kayleigh directly for a further chat on the job.
Kayleigh is an ethical IRP registered recruiter and will deal with your application in strict confidence. If your application is successful you will be contacted directly by Kayleigh and she will talk you through in detail the full company role and specifics.
Don’t delay, we’re hiring now, apply today!
JOB REF 2359KB
Glen Callum Associates are a leading automotive and industrial recruitment agency for sales, operational and marketing positions.
We have an impressive client base of market leading manufacturers and distributors and are dedicated in providing candidates with advice, support and assistance in their recruitment search.
Our consultants have valuable senior sales, marketing and operational experience within organisations within the automotive and industrial industry, allowing us to share an empathy with both client and candidate alike.
- Start: 04/09/2016
- Duration: n/a
- Rate: Basic+ Bonus (circa £50-70k)+ Car+ Exc Benefits
- Location: Coventry,England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Automotive
- Recruiter: Glen Callum Associates Ltd
- Contact: Kayleigh Bradley
- Tel: 01384 485274
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: 2359
- Posted: 2016-09-04 02:00:09 -
- View all Jobs from Glen Callum Associates Ltd
More Jobs from Glen Callum Associates Ltd
- C# Developer / Software Engineer
- Automotive Technical Parts Demonstrator
- Assistant Product & Brand Manager
- Vehicle Diagnostics Engineer – Automotive Technician
- Bodyshop Technical Sales Demonstrator / Bodyshop Engineer
- Office Manager - German Language
- Mechanical Engineer – Automotive
- Laboratory Supervisor - Automotive
- UK Sales Director- Automotive Aftermarket Parts
- Regional Sales Manager - Automotive Aftermarket
- Regional Sales Manager Automotive Aftermarket
- Parts Advisor / Internal Sales Executive
- Business Development Manager - France
- Business Development Manager - Germany
- Office Manager - German Speaking
- Area Sales Representative- Industrial/ Automotive
- Area Sales Representative- Tools/ Machinery Supplier
- Commercial Director
- Regional Sales & Operations Manager
- Powertrain / Future Technologies Development Engineer