Lead Application Developer
Lead Application Developer - Edinburgh
Net Talent are working with Findr, an early stage, funded business based in Edinburgh's CodeBase.
They are building an online marketplace and recommendation engine to connect photographers directly with customers.
They save customers time and money in their search for photographers and open up new opportunity for every photographer.
If you're an experienced developer seeking a new challenge, with an opportunity to put your hard learned skills to good use and take ownership of a company's technology needs then you will fit in very well here.
This role will suit someone with strong technical ability and the motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced agile environment.
You will enhance the existing platform and develop great, scalable solutions for the operational needs of our customers.
A key focus will be the creation of an image and information management, recognition and distribution system using open source technology and external APIs.
- Computer Science Honours degree (2:1 or better) or another technical degree or postgraduate study.
In lieu of degree, relevant skills and equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated strong object-oriented design and coding skills in Ruby or equivalent languages.
- Strong computer science grounding in a broad range of algorithms and data-structures.
- Strong analytical and excellent problem solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal English communications skills.
- Advanced coding skills (profiling and performance optimisation).
- Linux command-line tools, shell scripts, operations.
- AWS Cloud experience (EB, EC2, S3, RDS +)
- Best-practice software engineering: Agile, version control, unit testing, TDD, refactoring, source control management, continuous integration and build processes.
- Design and architecture (design patterns, web services, high-scale, high-availability, multi-tier distributed systems).
- Custom API understanding and implementation
- Understanding or interest in image metadata and manipulation
- Understanding or interest of image recognition technology
- Understanding or interest of machine learning principles
If you are interested in this position, please contact Craig Fraser on 0131 270 6632 or apply using the button below.
More Jobs from Net Talent
- Senior Software Engineer
- General IT Systems Engineer
- Lead/Principal Engineer - Edinburgh
- QA Engineer
- Senior Java/ Embedded Software Engineer - Contract
- Java Developer
- Senior Embedded Software Engineer - Livingston
- Agile Project Manager (PERM)
- Network Engineer (Firewall Specialist)
- Head of Information Security, Permanent
- Teradata Consultant
- Senior C# .NET Developer
- Agile Project Manager
- Java Architect
- Senior C# .NET Developer
- Test Automation Developer
- PHP Developer
- Digital Project Manager
- Technical Lead C++ Developer
- Network Consultant (Perm)