Mechanical Applications Engineer CHP / Power Generation
Mechanical Applications Engineer CHP / Power Generation - Merseyside - to £45,000 + bens
GPW are looking to recruit a Mechanical Applications Engineer based in Merseyside.
Our client undertakes full design, build, commissioning and project management services for plant installations for civil, mechanical and electrical work.
As the Mechanical Applications Engineer you will produce mechanical engineering design packages, providing input and support at all stages of a project from sales through to installation.
The majority of time spent will be spent translating and developing conceptual designs to meet the functional and contractual specifications of secured orders.
Responsibilities will include:
- Translating and developing conceptual designs into designs to meet the functional and contractual specifications of secured orders
- Supporting and assisting the sales stage of a project, taking responsibility for ensuring that conceptual design and tender preparation documents are provided in accordance with required timescales and quality standards.
- Liaise with Electrical Design Engineer in identifying the project requirements and on the development of the detailed design.
- Liaise with CAD draughters, coordinating and leading activity in order to ensure that the design packages are produced to the required timescales and standards of quality.
- Provide support to the Project Manager during the installation commissioning and testing phase of the project, ensuring the timely production of all necessary documentation.
- Participate, and where appropriate lead, HAZOP and risk assessment studies.
- Liaise as necessary with existing and potential customers and their representatives.
Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills :
- Good IT skills- Microsoft Office.
- Current knowledge of the engineering design software available in the market place.
- Project management.
- Microsoft Project.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD draughting package
You should hold a Degree in Mechanical Engineering (HNC/HND if supported by substantial relevant experience) and have experience of working in an associated industry with an expected background in building services.
Preferably you will have Professional registration, experience in CHP and knowledge of Microsoft Project and AutoCAD draughting package or similar.
To apply for the Mechanical Applications Engineer Role please click apply now.
More Jobs from GPW Recruitment Services
- Field Service Engineer
- Scaffolders x10
- Account Manager/Business Development
- Maintenance Electrician / Multiskilled Engineer Electrical bias
- Lead EC&I Engineer/Responsible Engineer
- Ground worker
- Accounts Administrator
- COTS LABOURERS
- 2 Part 2 Scaffolders Required
- Part Time Cleaner
- Electrical Software Engineer
- Auto Electrician
- Concrete Finisher
- Engineering Manager
- Compex Electrician
- Export Sales Administrator
- Field Service Engineer / Service Technician - Gas Engines
- Vehicle Mechanic