Infrastructure Engineer - Nailsea - Bristol
Infrastructure Engineer- Nailsea - Bristol
Package: £30,000 to £36,000 including car allowance plus benefits
Location: Bristol (Nailsea)
Skills: Windows Server, Active Directory
My client requites a Windows Server Technical Systems engineer to be based primarily in the Nailsea Office, but will also be required to work out of / travel to the Central Bristol Office.
Some travel to customer and data centre premises required as part of the role.
To provide technical and infrastructure support services to maintain and develop the Managed Hosting Service provision.
To support the Development and Implementation teams in the testing and delivery of the portfolio of software solutions.
Configure and deploy server hardware, network hardware, operating systems and services
Respond to, identify and resolve system and network problems and diagnose hardware or software faults in order to maintain customer Service Level Agreements
Responsible for ownership of customer issues reported through to conclusion / appropriate escalation
Site visits to Health and Social Care's managed hosted data centres and customer premises
Provision of out of hours escalation (weekend and evening) support via home VPN on a rota basis
Assist in managing and implementing the patch management and firmware upgrade strategy in line with vendor recommendations
Install, Configure and support Citrix and RDS environments.
Assist in the implementation and administration of Microsoft Windows Active Directory environments.
Support and maintain backup and disaster recovery hardware and software systems.
Perform daily system monitoring checks to ensure integrity and availability of server resources, systems and key process and respond to any alerts generated by the proactive monitoring and alerting system.
Follow approved procedures with regard to change control and documentation standards
Ensure that technical designs, internal documentation, processes and procedures are fully documented and maintained as required.
Respond to relevant general IT system queries from internal company departments.
Respond to incoming support calls in a quick and efficient manner and deal with customers in a polite and professional way.
Ensure that all procedures and routines comply with the requirements of the Company's documented Quality System and Information Security Management System.
Test and evaluate new technology, in line with business or customer requirements.
Validate and advise customers on the suitability of their platforms for the installation of Health and Social Care's software solutions.
Where required, assist the Technical Services Team in the installation and configuration of the software solutions on customer and internal platforms.
Installing, configuring & troubleshooting Windows Server 2008/2012 Operating Systems in enterprise scale environments
Microsoft Windows 2008 / 2012 Active Directory Infrastructure Services
Technical knowledge of both hosted and remotely administered environments and infrastructure.
Site visits to business data centre and customer premises where necessary.
Installing, supporting & troubleshooting Citrix, Terminal Services, RDS 2012R2
Supporting server hardware and firmware in physical systems environments : HP Proliant experience desirable
Experience and knowledge of installing configuring and troubleshooting virtual technology platforms : Hyper-V
Excellent communication and troubleshooting skills
Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
A flexible, customer focussed approach to work and attitude to drive through issues to completion
Ability to demonstrate a willingness towards personal self-development, by keeping skills set and knowledge current and appropriate for the role
Ability to take a pro-active approach to tasks and duties.
Make system and infrastructure technical recommendations, based upon appropriateness, benefits and best practice.
Installing and supporting Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2012/2014
Network connected SAN and Clustering technologies (SAN/NAS)
Experience of CommVault backup technologies
We are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Permanent
- Rate: 30000-36000 Per Annum
- Location: Bristol
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Other
- Recruiter: Additional Resources Ltd.
- Contact: Chris
- Tel: 0845 450 6635
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: CH/D/032035
- Posted: 2016-09-06 17:19:48 -
- View all Jobs from Additional Resources Ltd.
More Jobs from Additional Resources Ltd.
- Java Developer / Senior Java Developer - Huntingdon
- Project Manager (e-Prescribing software implementation) - Home based with UK travel
- Project Manager - NHS Software Implementations - Home based with Travel
- Java Developer - Coventry
- Solution Architect (C# asp.net) - South Birmingham (near the NEC)
- Senior .Net Developer (C# asp.net) - South Birmingham (near the NEC)
- Implementation Consultant - Financial, Accounting, Payment Software - Home based with UK Travel
- Hosted Service Engineer - (not shifts) - Altrincham, South Manchester
- Customer Support Analyst (Application Support) - Altrincham
- Tax Manager Fully ACA / ACCA Qualified - Basildon, Essex
- Research & Development Tax Credit Consultant AAT Qualified - Litchfield, Staffordshire
- Time Served Fabricator / Welder - Leigh on Sea, Essex
- Fabricator / Welder - Leigh on Sea, Essex
- Welder / Fabricator - Leigh on Sea, Essex
- Sales Negotiator - Liverpool
- Senior Technical Services Engineer - Leeds
- IT Service Desk Analyst 1st/2nd Line Support - Leeds
- Corporate Tax Assistant Manager - London
- Junior IT Service Desk Analyst 1st/2nd Line Support - Leeds
- Senior Accounts Assistant AAT - Practice Experience / Nearly qualified ACCA/ ACA - Plymouth