Marketing Effectiveness Manager - Econometrics/Forecasting
We're actively recruiting on behalf of one of the UK's super-brand players in the quad-play telecoms market, who are looking to add more fire-power to their in-house team by bringing aboard an experienced manager to their Marketing Effectiveness team.
As the Marketing Effectiveness Manager, you will be managing both a Senior Effectiveness Analyst and more junior Analyst, working alongside a couple of other Managers, all reporting to the Head of Division.
As a team, your remit will be to improve their forecasting capabilities, within a business with an ever growing thirst for insight as their marketing strategy gets ever more refined.
But they're also looking to break down silos within the unit, so you can expect a breadth of different projects which will include channel attribution, forecasting, media performance and campaign evaluations.
As a senior member and line manager of the team, you will report to the head of function and be directly responsible for owning internal stakeholder relationships across marketing and commercial business units.
You will be handling their requirements, translating these into analysis projects which will cover time series analysis, trend analysis, regressions, forecasts, econometric modelling, etc.
Then once complete, taking the commercially meaningful and actionable insights back to the business to influence action.
They're looking for bright sparks able to take the divisional leader's vision and make it a reality whilst also adding a bit of your own.
Current forecasting is focused on demand KPI's.
The marketing team use these forecasts as a basis for performance evaluation, generating short-term insights about deviation of actual performance to forecast.
To succeed, those forecasts and the models which underpin them need to be unquestionable, and this is where your foresight and experience will be invaluable in ensuring this is achieved.
There's lots of quick wins available here, they'd be the first to recognise they're not yet a well-oiled machine, that's where you come in.
There's a genuine opportunity to fix something that's sub-optimal, helping to design and execute brand new approaches and processes over time which will help the business succeed.
They're a big consumer brand with an ambition to become a consumer champion too.
With a huge marketing spend that's probably one of the biggest in the UK.
You would be working from their head office for consumer marketing in London, it's located close to mainline stations and underground.
The team you will be part of is consumer analysis and insight.
It's a division of around 50, and the marketing effectiveness business unit is growing to circa 10 people.
They have a great culture that's collaborative and inclusive, and they're also high performing business unit too.
As a business they're taking steps to evolve their marketing to be much more brand and emotively connected to the customer, and this reflects their evolved culture as a business too - putting the customer at their heart.
Role: Marketing Effectiveness Manager
Salary: £45,000 to £55,000
Benefits: ~10% bonus, pension, healthcare, life assurance and blue-chip benefits package
- A solid grounding and commercial experience agency or client side within marketing effectiveness analysis (time series analysis, regression, trend analysis, forecasting)
- Formal line management experience of marketing effectiveness/marketing econonmetrics analysts
- You've been the owner of projects and stakeholder relationships, responsible for ensuring insights are successfully communicated and embedded into action with the client/business
- Really solid data handling and manipulation skills utilising Excel, R, SPSS, SAS, etc.
- Great presentation skills - with the ability to distil the key truths into meaningful stories presented to non-technical marketing audiences
- Great prioritisation skills, and able to work in a demanding environment where business priorities change frequently
- Must have media and marketing related experience
- Evidence of working with multiple stakeholders on projects where you've had to collaborate pragmatically to deliver despite conflicting stakeholder motivations
- Knowledge of the media planning and buying process
- Knowledge of statistical concepts
- Must have the necessary visas to live and work in the UK - sponsorship cannot be provided.
For further information please contact:
Managing Consultant - Blue Pelican Marketing
01892 507 100
You can view all our vacancies on our web site www.bluepelican.com, or call 01892 507 100 and ask for the marketing division.
More Jobs from Blue Pelican
- Senior Category Trading Manager – Consumer Mobile
- Product Manager, Digital TV / TV On-Demand Products
- Product Manager, TV Set-Top Box and Digital App
- Propositions Manager - Telco
- Marketing Manager, on /offline acquisition marketing
- Senior Product Development Manager – Consumer Mobile Services
- Consumer Research & Insight Manager - Gaming
- Senior Research Manager
- Data Driven CRM Strategist / CRM Manager
- CRM Assistant / Direct Marketing Assistant
- Research Analyst
- Digital & Email Marketing Consultant
- Senior Direct Marketing & CRM Strategy Consultant
- Account Manager
- Experienced Recruitment Consultant - Marketing
- Digital Account Manager - Global
- Experienced Recruitment Consultant - Marketing
- Principal Data Scientist – Start-Up global function
- Senior Data Strategist / Senior Data Planner
- Data Strategy Director