QHSE Systems Engineer
Aerospace Manufacturing company based in Llantrisant, South Wales requires a Quality HSE Systems Engineer.
The company has 3 other sites in the UK (employing c400 staff) and 2 in Poland manufacturing components for commercial, light aircraft and business jets.
This role presents an excellent opportunity to become a key member of the quality team of this impressive company, which has recently received large investment to enable future development. Quality is paramount throughout their whole process.
The main purpose of the role is to be site lead for all Business Systems, Procedures and Accreditations in the crucial areas of; Health & Safety, Environment and Quality.
The role is responsible for ensuring that we continuously meet Industry and Customer Requirements.
All elements of Business Systems must be constantly up-to-date, continuously improving and proactively managed.
Coordination with Group specialists and inter-site contacts is also a key part of the role.
- Ensure that all site business systems are up-to-date and compliant with regulations and internal protocol.
- Ensure that the Management System supports the achievement of statutory, regulatory and contractual requirements and the organisations objectives & targets.
- Manage and lead all internal system audits and ensure timely completion & report-back of non-conformances.
- Coordinate with and host all Group and External Auditors to ensure timely site preparation.
- Champion for & report on monthly business system indicators such as audit completion and non-conformance closure timeliness.
- Champion for & report on Weekly Business KPI’s.
- Responsibility to ensure that product audits are completed in accordance with agreed standards.
- Support a culture of continuous improvement within all departments by suggesting actions for improvement and challenging current practices and processes.
- Use problem solving techniques to resolve issues and implement improvements.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment towards Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental good practice.
- Create and revise business procedures which align to business standards extending to influence all reports and forms.
- Promote a ‘process approach’ into the culture of the business.
- Act as an enabler, ensuring new processes are introduced across the business with pace and urgency.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of existing processes and systems.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Degree or minimum HNC level in Engineering Systems/Quality/Aerospace discipline
- Quality tools (EFQM/'5'S'/SPC/APQP/Problem solving etc.)
- 5 years minimum Aircraft / Automotive Experience
- Trained Auditor with Audit Experience (ISO9001/AS9100) in internal or external audit processes
- Good report writing and analytical skills
- IT Literate
- Instructional and Procedural Writing experience
- Technical knowledge/understanding of work carried out on site.
- Knowledge of quality standards/quality Focussed
- Aerospace industry experience preferable
- Understanding of H&S requirements
- Membership of an industry related Professional Body would be advantageous
- Deliver continuous improvement projects from idea generation to completion
- Track effect of improvement project and report monthly on progress
- Responsible for achieving personal development objectives
Applications are invited from candidates who must meet the above criteria in terms of qualifications and experience.
Note to recruitment agencies - this recuitment is under a managed service - direct approaches to the client will not be accepted.
More Jobs from Technical Placements Ltd
- Quality Inspector
- CNC Machinist
- Continuous Improvement Shift Manager - Aerospace
- Land Surveyor Instructor
- Group Engineering Manager - Bulk Handling
- Accident Repair Estimator
- Maintenance Engineer CNC Machines
- Bricklayer Concreting Instructor
- Mechanical Fitter Maintenance Engineer
- Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer
- Maintenance Engineering Coordinator
- Machine Operative
- Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
- Bricklayer & Concreting Instructor
- Vehicle Accident Repair Estimator
- Concreting Bricklayer Instructor
- Mechanical Maintenance Technician
- Production Operative
- Mechanical Maintenance Technician