My client, a local authority in Hampshire, is looking for an Enterprise Architect to work on a 3 month contract basis with extension possible.
The Client is going through a period of change and so they are looking for an experienced individual with significant architecture & design experience, excellent communication skills and a deep technical knowledge in infrastructure technologies (including Citrix, VMWare, Microsoft, Dell, SAP, Avaya, Networking, client devices, Hybrid Cloud).
You will be expected to take responsibility for defining technology roadmaps (including hybrid cloud) and lower-level technical designs relating to all areas of Infrastructure.
The role also requires the ability to instigate change, ensuring excellent implementation of agreed roadmaps and provide a depth of technical experience and advice to all areas of the organisation and its partners.
- Design conceptual, logical and physical infrastructure viewpoints aligned against target technical direction to support business needs ensuring compliance with relevant technical, architectural and operational standards e.g.
PSN, ISO27001 and PCI policies.
- Define the Infrastructure Domain, including the computing hardware systems required to support the business:
o Platforms & Servers (e.g., high-end servers and midrange to small servers, the use of cloud etc);
o Storage systems;
o Personal computing devices (desktops, notebooks, and hand-held computing devices); and
o Other hardware (e.g., printers).
- Direct solution and technical designers in the definition of operating systems, configurations, network and device-to-device interfaces, as well as selected peripherals.
- Act as key specialist advisor to Lead IT architect and Head of Infrastructure, feeding into the maintenance of an as-is and target architecture with associated technology roadmap, and identify capability gaps
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert on a range of projects, proposals and business cases, working with senior staff, Project Managers and Business Analysts, responsible for the creation and delivery of:
o Technical guidance and advice through all project phases
o Fully costed solution architecture options at proposal and business case stage, as well as information and advice for early project design stages
o Producing end-to-end technical infrastructure designs and cost models
- Take technical leadership role for large, complex IT projects and operational developments, with budgets up to and exceeding £1M.
- A degree and / or formal industry recognised qualifications OR;
- 5+ yrs experience in a senior technical role in an enterprise IT Environment
- Windows MCSE, MCSD or equivalent.
- Citrix CCP-V/N
- Citrix CCE-V/N.
- Cisco CCNA.
- TOGAF 9.1
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Significant experience of IT architecture & design, with Cloud based components.
- Evidence of a good understanding across a broad range of technical IT areas with very detailed understanding in one or more of the following:
o Windows Server 2008/2012
o Citrix XenServer
o Citrix Netscaler
o Cisco/Dell/Extreme Networking
o Wireless and Infrastructure security.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Key technology stack:
- Citrix XenServer, XenDesktop, Netscaler
- Windows Server 2008+ (inc.
all server roles and features)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- VMWare ESXi 5+
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- Exchange up to and including 2010
- App V
- IP Telephony
- Cloud IaaS and SaaS.
- CheckPoint Firewalls.
- Familiarity with TOGAF framework.
Please contact Danny Eccles at Service Care Solutions for more information or to apply.
Alternatively if this role isn't for you, we do offer a referral bonus of £250 for every new candidate you refer to us that we place in a position for more than 13 weeks.
That's £250 just for forwarding a job advert to a friend!
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Claims Handler
- Property Sales Consultant - Derby
- Children Social Worker, Wokingham Council
- Plasterer - Liverpool
- General Builder - North West
- Social Work Team Manager, Looked After Children, Central London
- New Homes Lettings Negotiator- West London
- Band 6 Biomedical Scientist - Hull
- Bussiness Support Manager - Cambridgeshire
- Adult SOcial Worker | Intermediate Care | South Tyneside
- Community Payback Supervisor – Derbyshire
- Social Worker | Childrens Teams | North East
- Social Worker | Adult Teams | North East
- IT Officer - 1st and 2nd Line Support
- Children Team Manager Herefordshire
- Scheme Manager, Harwich Essex (Part Time)
- Administrator / Receptionist, Guildford Surrey
- IT Business Intelligence Analyst - Merseyside
- Childrens Centre Lead, Central London
- Social Worker | MASH Team | Sunderland