Maintenance Supervisor Required in Portsmouth
Mountjoy is a leading service provider of building and maintenance support across southern England.
We have an excellent reputation for delivering flexible, tailored services, including new builds, major and minor refurbishments, alterations, extensions and rolling programmes of works across all building types and in both the public and private sectors.
Due to continued success and growth, we are now looking to recruit an experienced Maintenance Supervisor to work with our teams in Portsmouth.
Reporting in to the Contract Manager, the successful Supervisor will be responsible for ensuring the work delivered in the field by Operatives and Sub-Contractors follows the agreed process (Value and Enabling Steps) to achieve our purpose of “the right work at the right time”, and represents value for money.
You will also be responsible for:
- Supporting and empowering operatives to make decisions so that they achieve the right work at the right time
- Managing, measuring, and monitoring operatives
- Working closely with operatives conducting assessments to identify personal and service objectives to be achieved
- Escalating to the Contract Manager any serious events or occurrences that need to be addressed urgently
- Recruiting and inducting operatives ensuring they have a professional introduction to the company and contract.
- Ensuring that Toolbox talks are being organised, and in some cases deliver yourself, ensuring that your team have attended when required to attend.
- Treating clients with respect, demonstrating a courteous manner, escalating if an issue cannot be resolved the Contract Manager.
- Reinforcing the Health and Safety culture by ensuring company practices and policies are being followed and adhered to in the field highlighting issues and trends as they occur.
Our ideal candidate
As our ideal Maintenance Supervisor, you will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Able to support and coach a team in the achievement of the perfect process.
- Able to operate in a changing and evolving environment and enjoy the challenge.
- Possess interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels in a professional manner being able to challenge and be challenged.
- Able to apply a practical approach and solutions to Health & Safety.
- Proficient in MS Office to an intermediate level and able to use an IT system for job management understanding how it functions and interacts with other systems.
- Technical building knowledge of working methods, practices, procedures, processes, regulations, and legislation.
- Have knowledge of the materials and methods used in the construction of social housing.
- Technical expertise, qualifications or apprenticeship in a trade skill.
- IOSH Working Safely.
- Construction Skills Certificate Scheme accreditation.
- Have a full driving licence.
- Proven experience of working in a Building Maintenance environment.
- Exposure to a Maintenance Contract that has used the Vanguard Systems Thinking Methodology and Principles to deliver the service desirable.
- Demonstrated through your attitude and application that you are a natural leader in the field.
Rewards & Benefits
In return for your hard work as our Maintenance Supervisor, you will be entitled to a competitive basic salary of £30,966.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to excel in the role of Maintenance Supervisor, we want to hear from you.
Please click APPLY below to register your interest!
No terminology in the advert you have seen is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we will gladly accept applications from all sections of the community.
More Jobs from CV WOW
- Contact Centre Agent – Brazilian Portuguese Speaking
- Events Coordinator
- Head of Sales – Automotive
- Mortgage Broker - £80,000 - £100,000 OTE
- Sales Consultant - Life Insurance - £80K OTE
- Dual Fuel Smart Meter Engineer
- Dual Fuel Smart Meter Engineer
- Test Automation Engineer
- UX Manager
- Sales Consultant
- Warehouse Shift Leader
- Multi Drop Driver
- Finance Manager - Automotive
- Apprentice - Administration / Customer Service
- General Sales Manager
- Assistant Manager
- Pastry Chef
- Technical Author
- Office Assistant
- Heating and Plumbing Engineer