Process Development Technologist
Are you an experienced production or manufacturing professional, looking to take on a new challenge? If so, we are recruiting and are looking for individuals just like you!
As the largest independent manufacturer of private label cupcakes in the UK, we have the capability to produce a wide range of bakery products to suit any taste whilst also looking after our locals, with our 25,000 square foot bakery employing around 200 staff – making us one of the biggest employers in the area.
In recent years we have experienced sustained growth, allowing us to invest back into our company.
With a dash of ambition and a sprinkle of pride we will endeavour to always grow, develop and improve.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Process Development Technologist to join the team based at our production site in Bala, North Wales.
Process Development Technologist responsibilities:
In the position, you will be working to develop and improve our ways of working and upscaling new products into industrial production.
You will run production trials to identify the most efficient production method without affecting the quality and safety of our product alongside managing multiple new product projects at any one time.
You will also be responsible for:
- Assisting NPD product teams with their creations, with trialling and processing of new products.
- Using trends to create new ideas and introduce new ingredients and technologies to the business.
- Working with relevant machinery suppliers and packaging suppliers to ensure The Cake Crew is always up to date with the latest ingredient and packaging launches.
- Assisting with special projects
- Addressing issues proactively and responding to routine issues with minimal direction.
- Assisting in the renovation process of existing products when introducing upgrades in quality, cost of production and presentation where appropriate.
- Organising and running trials and lead production staff where appropriate.
- Introducing new ideas and technologies for process to the business.
- Assisting in customer presentations, conference calls, audits, visits, etc.
- Ensuring all work undertaken complies with the relevant legal and customer requirements.
The ideal Process Development Technologist:
In order to be successful for this role, you will be educated to degree level or equivalent in food science or a related discipline alongside good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence others and inspire change.
If no formal qualifications, you will have the relevant industry experience. You will also have proven knowledge of factory and product processes.
You will also need:
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- PC Skills – excel, word, PowerPoint
- Experience of working with products from the food industry an advantage
- HACCP, Food Hygiene and Internal Auditor qualifications desirable
You will receive:
Salary of 22K- 25K with 28 days holiday per year and pension.
If you are looking for your next challenge as a Process Development Technologist then we want to hear from you, please click APPLY!
No terminology in the advert you have seen is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we will gladly accept applications from all sections of the community.
More Jobs from CV WOW
- Sales Consultant - Life Insurance - £80K OTE
- Dual Fuel Smart Meter Engineer
- Dual Fuel Smart Meter Engineer
- Test Automation Engineer
- UX Manager
- Sales Consultant
- Warehouse Shift Leader
- Multi Drop Driver
- Finance Manager - Automotive
- Apprentice - Administration / Customer Service
- General Sales Manager
- Assistant Manager
- Pastry Chef
- Technical Author
- Office Assistant
- Heating and Plumbing Engineer
- Executive Assistant
- Electrician (Farm Maintenance)
- PR & Events Officer
- Digital Marketing Officer