Chemistry Group Leader
We are currently looking for a Chemistry Group Leader to join a leading contract research company based in the Kent area.
As the Chemistry Group Leader you will be responsible for managing a team that provides early phase drug discovery services, mainly chemical syntheses.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Chemistry Group Leader will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
Carry out complex chemical syntheses using a wide range of techniques; whilst generating solutions encountered by the team using chemical databases and your array of scientific expertise.
Line manage a team of up to 7 chemists, taking responsibility for their development and performance whilst promoting the importance of Health and Safety.
Interact with various peers and senior management to implement practices across the business; in addition to communicating with internal and external customers.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Chemistry Group Leader we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
Relevant degree in a chemistry related discipline, e.g.
Analytical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry; with proven industry experience in organic synthesis.
A working knowledge and practical experience with managing teams within a drug discovery environment.
Key Words: Group Leader / Chemistry / Organic Chemistry / Drug Discovery / Development / Chemical / Synthesis / Syntheses / CRO / Pharmaceutical / Organic Synthesis
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer that is happy to welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position.
HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors and is made up of a collaboration of scientists supporting science.
We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
- Start: 08/09/2016
- Rate: Â£32000 to Â£37000 Per: annum
- Location: Kent,England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Pharmaceutical
- Recruiter: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Megan Rich
- Tel: 0203 225 5120
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: J2976
- Posted: 2016-09-08 19:11:03 -
- View all Jobs from Hyper Recruitment Solutions
More Jobs from Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Technical Service Supervisor
- Research Scientist (Flow Cytometry)
- Senior Quality Engineer
- QA Specialist
- Principal Group Leader - Downstream Processing
- Study Manager in Drug Metabolism
- Marketing Communications Manager
- Supply Chain Manager
- Deputy Head of Engineering and Facilities
- Senior Scientist - Research And Technology
- Cell and Molecular Biology Analytical Scientist
- Clinical Application Specialist
- Equipment & Facilities Engineer
- QA Specialist
- Health and Safety Manager
- Qualified Person
- QC Analyst
- Supply Chain Manager - Biologics Development
- Senior Validation Specialist
- Quality Assurance Manager