The Shepherds Boy, Dewsbury
£17,000 - 18,000 plus bonuses and utilities paid accommodation
An exciting opportunity has become available for an enthusiastic individual with real ale experience to step up to Pub Manager level at The Shepherd's Boy in Dewsbury.
Training and full support will be provided.
- Competitive salary plus achievable bonus scheme
- 3 bedroom accommodation with utilities paid
- Established trade and client base
- 28 days holiday
As our Pub Manager, you will be responsible for leading the team and making our guest's feel welcome as well as developing the business by building relationships with the local community.
You will run events such as quiz nights, live music, beer festivals, charity fundraisers, darts team nights, attracting and possibly sponsoring local rugby/football teams, joining the local CAMRA group etc.
so this will be a varied and exciting role.
Pub Manager's duties and responsibilities:
- Liaising with local businesses to arrange and promote social events
- Managing the cellar and stock
- Accountability for the cash on site and producing accurate weekly financial reports
- Managing the wage budget
- Managing and training your team
- Caring for customer's needs, providing excellent customer service
- Maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness in all areas of the pub
- Working towards and achieving business targets
- You will be warm and friendly
- You will be a strong leader
- Experience of running a variety of local events would be an advantage
- You will be willing to learn and be developed
- You will ideally have hospitality experience
The Shepherds Boy benefits greatly from a basic food offer so ideally we would be looking for a Management Team, one to be the salaried manager and the other to independently run a mutually beneficial food business.
About the company:
Home to mini real ale and real cider festivals, live music and popular quiz & curry nights the Shepherds Boy has a lot to offer - should an exceptional beer or two not be enough!
Our award winning regional brewery and three associated microbreweries supply our pubs with an extensive portfolio of popular beers, alongside a guest beer range sourced from selected breweries throughout the country.
The Shepherds Boy has an attractive decked terrace on several levels to the rear of the building a welcome oasis providing shelter away from the busy main road.
Situated on the outskirts of Dewsbury town this pub is well loved by its small brood of regulars.
It is ideally suited on the main Huddersfield Road and has a fairly large car park.
It is positioned perfectly for advertising to passers by tapping into potential local food market.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful company who offer a competitive salary with bonuses, 28 days holiday, lots of training and development and progression opportunities.
Click 'Apply' now to forward your CV before the closing date!
- Rate: £17000.00 - £18000.00 per annum
- Location: Dewsbury, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Catering
- Recruiter: 2M Employment Solutions Limited
- Tel: 02392 387722
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2016-09-09 08:50:43 -
- View all Jobs from 2M Employment Solutions Limited
More Jobs from 2M Employment Solutions Limited
- Policy and Strategy Co-ordinator
- Senior Policy Officer
- Sales Representative
- Roadside & Recovery Technicians
- Security Personnel
- Planner / Scheduler
- Health and Safety Consultant
- Strategic Project Manager
- Client Success Manager
- Office Administrator
- Care Assistants/Support Workers
- Assistant Chef
- Care Assistants/Support Workers
- Care Assistants/Support Workers- Cheshire East Macclesfield
- Care Assistants/Care Support Workers-End of life Care
- Care Assistants/Care Support Workers
- Line Chef / Chef De Partie for Family-run Gastro Pub
- Laboratory Technician (Microbiology)