Benefit and Welfare Officer, Wokingham Berkshire
Benefit and Welfare Officer, Wokingham Berkshire.
The main purpose of the position is to provide an effective benefits service that meets the expectations of its external and internal customers and achieves challenging service performance targets.
It is essential that you have detailed knowledge of Benefits, a working knowledge of Revenues legislation, and significant experience of assessing Council Tax Reduction and Housing Benefits.
It is also essential to have experience of attending court as you may be required to appear as a witness for our client at Appeals Tribunal or fraud prosecution hearings.
We are looking for a candidate that can work under pressure within a busy Benefits environment, has excellent communication skills and can work independently as well as within a team.
Your main day to day role will involve keeping up to date with relevant legislation, assisting in the maintenance of accurate benefit and financial assessment records, and ensuring all benefits / grants / awards are correctly paid and accounted for.
You will also be responsible for dealing with enquiries, both written and verbal, from tax payers, claimants and their representatives as well as liaising with external parties.
Why work with Service Care Solutions? -
, A specialist, dedicated Social Housing consultant offering single point of contact
, Excellent referral bonuses
, An extensive AND exclusive range of Social Housing vacancies across the UK
, Provider of Housing staff to over 200 local authorities and 100 Housing Associations.
, Payroll service twice a week
, Ltd Co and PAYE payment options available
, Frequent notifications for upcoming opportunities via text and email
, Loyalty schemes / bonuses
, DBS disclosures provided via fast track online services free of charge.
If you are interested in this position and would like more information please contact Sam on 01772 208 966 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Registered Mental Health Nurse- Milton Keynes
- Registered Manager - Residential Childcare
- CQC Registered Manager
- Social Worker Children In Need Royal Tunbridge Wells Kent
- Fostering Social Worker
- Fostering Social Worker
- Procurement Administrator | Sunderland
- Mental Healthcare Assistants - Sussex
- Adults Social Work Assistant
- Team Manager – Assessment Team – Dudley
- Mental Healthcare Assistants - Essex
- Qualified Children's Social Worker
- Band 5 RMN
- Team Manager – Care Management Team – Dudley
- Painter & Decorator - Greater Manchester
- IT Service Desk Analyst - Northumbria
- Homelessness Officer, Adur
- Community Mental Health Social Worker Essex Council
- Substance Misuse Nurse
- Care Coordinator - South East London