Council Tax & Benefits Enquiry Desk Officer Wokingham Berkshire
Council Tax & Benefits Enquiry Desk Officer, Wokingham Berkshire.
The main purpose of the position is to provide front line reception facilities for personal callers regarding Benefit matters, Council Tax, Business Rates and Discretionary awards.
It is essential that you have a good understanding of Benefits, Council Tax, and general welfare benefits such as Income Support, Attendance Allowance, Disability Living Allowance, Personal Independence Payments, and Universal Credit.
It is also essential to have experience of working within a Benefit related post, have relevant customer service experience and have experience of using mainframe/ Unix based I.T.
We are looking for a candidate that can work under pressure within a busy environment, has excellent communication skills and can work independently as well as within a team.
Your main day to day role will involve assisting customers in completing various application forms and accepting verifying and copying documents to support applications for Benefits, DHP, LWP and Council Tax discounts.
You will also be responsible for providing a screening service for the issuing of vouchers for the local foodbank, and accept applications for, screen and make decisions for emergency assistance under the WBC Local Welfare Provision Scheme.
Why work with Service Care Solutions? -
, A specialist, dedicated Social Housing consultant offering single point of contact
, Excellent referral bonuses
, An extensive AND exclusive range of Social Housing vacancies across the UK
, Provider of Housing staff to over 200 local authorities and 100 Housing Associations.
, Payroll service twice a week
, Ltd Co and PAYE payment options available
, Frequent notifications for upcoming opportunities via text and email
, Loyalty schemes / bonuses
, DBS disclosures provided via fast track online services free of charge.
If you are interested in this position and would like more information please contact Sam on 01772 208 966 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- New Homes Lettings Negotiator- West London
- Band 6 Biomedical Scientist - Hull
- Bussiness Support Manager - Cambridgeshire
- Adult SOcial Worker | Intermediate Care | South Tyneside
- Community Payback Supervisor – Derbyshire
- Social Worker | Childrens Teams | North East
- Social Worker | Adult Teams | North East
- IT Officer - 1st and 2nd Line Support
- Children Team Manager Herefordshire
- Scheme Manager, Harwich Essex (Part Time)
- Administrator / Receptionist, Guildford Surrey
- IT Business Intelligence Analyst - Merseyside
- Childrens Centre Lead, Central London
- Social Worker | MASH Team | Sunderland
- Control Room Officer- West London
- Physiotherapist - Hull
- Administrative Assistant West London
- Credit Control Administrator, Bath – Full Time & Part Time.
- Social Worker | Families First | Chester le Street
- Tenancy Support Worker, Margate