SUPPORT WORK | FAMILY PREVENTION WORKER | SHEFFIELD
FAMILY PREVENTION WORKER | SHEFFIELD
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Family Prevention Worker will work within the local community with key partners, to identify and address need at the earliest opportunity, working proactively to engage families and ensure they access the support they need.
They will have a crucial role in supporting and advising settings in undertaking assessments of need.
Full time initial 3 month contract.
£9-£10 per hour.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To support and advise setting to enable the undertaking of a whole family assessments by the family intervention worker.
- Contribute to action plans and support them in achieving the desired outcomes for the family.
- Promote the wellbeing and safeguarding of children and families and enable and encourage access to appropriate services.
- Identify reasons for non attendance and work with families and others to achieve regular attendance and reduce exclusion, and escalate within agreed frameworks.
- Support families in accessing support and activities to remove barriers to learning both Children's Centres, Childcare, school and the home environment through good knowledge of local partners and facilities.
- Use a strength based, solution focused whole family approach to support families in accessing appropriate support.
- Undertake outreach work and deliver Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG) Clinics to increase engagement of families and communities vulnerable to exclusion.
- Support families in accessing support through key transitions in life e.g.
readiness for school or by accessing targeted and specialist support e.g.
substance misuse services.
- Provide basic parenting advice on how best to meet the needs of their children and support them in accessing additional support to develop their parenting skills and capacity.
- Offer families advice in accessing education, training and employment.
- Support access to positive activities for families; including Children's Centres activities, summer schools, holiday and after school activities.
- Advise and assist families in obtaining necessary benefits, payments and all other services to which they are entitled via signposting and information.
- Contribute to achievement of Key Performance Indicators identified through service planning.
Working with Service Care Solutions comes with many benefits, including:
, A specialist consultant within an experience and dedicated Social Work recruitment team
, Excellent rates of pay
, An extensive range of Social Work vacancies available throughout the UK
, Payroll service twice a week
, Loyalty Bonus scheme including Free TV's, Mobile Phones and more.
If you are interested in the role, or know of anyone who may be, please contact Theo at Service Care Solutions on 01772 208 964 or email email@example.com
Service Care Solutions also offers a £250 referral bonus! So if you know of anyone who would be perfect for this position and they are placed into work, you will receive £250 for the referral once their probationary period has been completed!
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Claims Handler
- Property Sales Consultant - Derby
- Children Social Worker, Wokingham Council
- Plasterer - Liverpool
- General Builder - North West
- Social Work Team Manager, Looked After Children, Central London
- New Homes Lettings Negotiator- West London
- Band 6 Biomedical Scientist - Hull
- Bussiness Support Manager - Cambridgeshire
- Adult SOcial Worker | Intermediate Care | South Tyneside
- Community Payback Supervisor – Derbyshire
- Social Worker | Childrens Teams | North East
- Social Worker | Adult Teams | North East
- IT Officer - 1st and 2nd Line Support
- Children Team Manager Herefordshire
- Scheme Manager, Harwich Essex (Part Time)
- Administrator / Receptionist, Guildford Surrey
- IT Business Intelligence Analyst - Merseyside
- Childrens Centre Lead, Central London
- Social Worker | MASH Team | Sunderland