Warehouse Cleaning Assistants (Nights)
Want to be part of something special?
Warehouse Cleaning Assistant (Nights)
Aldi opened its 600th UK store in Cardiff in October 2015 and also announced the building of a new, purpose built, state-of-the-art 40,000 sq metre Distribution Centre on the Capital Business Park in Wentloog which will open in 2017.
This investment in Wales is creating over 400 jobs to help run and operate the centre
Our client Aldi is one of the fastest growing Supermarkets in the World and now has over 640 UK stores.
Aldi have vacancies for Permanent Warehouse Picker to work in the Fresh Produce Section at their new Regional Distribution Centre in Cardiff.
In total there are 40 positions available.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an award winning retailer within their newest and biggest UK Distribution Centre from the very beginning.
Aldi is recognised as an excellent employer and has a fantastic culture which provides stability, security and the opportunity to progress.
As a Warehouse Cleaning Assistant, your role will be to ensure all areas of the Warehouse are clean, hygienic and safe for all staff to use.
This will include the canteen, hallways, toilets, outside areas and the warehouse itself.
Your duties will include:
Within the warehouse
- Clearing up spillages, broken glass, loose cardboard and shrink wrapping
- Sweeping floors and using cleaning machines
Other areas of responsibility:
- Canteen - Cleaning tables, washing dishes, emptying bins, restocking vending machines
- Hallways - Sweeping and mopping floors
- Toilets - Cleaning sinks and toilets, wiping down surfaces, emptying bins
- Outside areas - Litter picking, emptying bins, clearing smoking area
To be considered for these opportunities, you must demonstrate the following:
- Be fit, healthy and able to undertake a physically demanding role
- Be a team player and able to achieve both individual and team targets
- Be flexible in working hours as shift times and lengths can vary
- Appreciation of safe working practices and its importance in the workplace
- Previous experience in an industrial cleaning role desirable but not essential
Opportunities available include working days to suit:
- Contracts are full time with a guaranteed 30 hours per week.
Working 5 out of 7 days including some weekend work.
The approximate start times for shifts we currently have available are:
- Between 2pm - 6pm starts (flexibility required)
Pay rates are:
- Before 6pm = £8.40 per hour
- From 6pm = £9.91 per hour
Due to the required training and location of the Regional Distribution Centre your own transport is essential.
If successful you will be required to undertake 1 week training in the Swindon Distribution Centre from 31st October 2016.
To apply for the role of Warehouse Cleaning Assistant, please apply via the button or link shown.
If your skills and experience meet with this requirement, we will contact you to discuss the position in further detail.
Additional Keywords - Warehouse, Cleaning, Cleaner, Industrial Cleaner, Operative, Labour
Apply for this ad Online!
More Jobs from Baxter Personnel ltd
- Class 2 Driver
- Production Operative
- Retail Supervisor/Team Leader
- Recruitment Coordinator
- Waiter / Waitress
- Bookkeeper (Part-time)
- Assistant Store Manager
- Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer
- Engineering Manager - FMCG (Food Manufacturing) - Thirsk
- Sales & Business Development Executive
- HGV Class 1 Drivers (Day Shifts)
- Recycling Operative/Yard Operatives
- Recruitment Resourcer
- Graduate Recruitment Resourcer
- Warehouse Operative - Nights
- Senior Maintenance Engineer - Manufacturing
- Senor Maintenance Engineer - Manufacturing
- Deputy Store Manager
- Store Manager