Occupational Therapist - OCD/BBD (Mental Health)
We are seeking a committed and experienced Occupational Therapist to join our client's Obsessional Disorder Mental Health team based in the comfortable outer suburb of Southgate, North London, on the Piccadilly tube line into Central London.
This is a full-time role but our client is open to hearing from candidates seeking to negotiate a part-time hours opportunity; however, fixed hours cannot be guaranteed.
Our client is a major provider of UK mental health care; dedicated to patients’ health and wellbeing, offering a high standard of services, inspiring innovation, and providing programmes that are individually tailored to patients’ specific needs.
The successful candidate will be running groups, offering one to one supportive therapy sessions, guiding psychology students, participating in the serivices stivities and supervision group.
Degree-qualified Occupational Therapist, with current valid HCPC registration.
A minimum of one year's post-registration experience in a Mental Health setting working with Obsessive Compulsive Disorders.
Predominant therapeutic modality or preference should be CBT.
Up-to-date knowledge of the Mental Health Act.
Excellent oral and written communication and organisational skills
In addition to the salary and excellent working conditions, the benefits of working for this company include:
- Company pension; including optional SMART/Salary Sacrifice Pension scheme.
- Up to 25 days annual leave plus Bank holidays
- A range of additional benefits using the salary sacrifice scheme, including Childcare Vouchers and reduced tax and NI on a car/bicycle, resulting in an overall increase in your take-home pay.
- A range of high street/online vouchers and gift cards.
Medic International-Allied Health is a leading healthcare recruitment partner with particular expertise in the placement of the full range of qualified Allied Health Professionals.
As a nurse-led consultancy, our detailed understanding of the complexity of the Occupational Therapist role places us in an excellent position to match your skills with the specific requirements of our Clinical Recruiting Managers.
We are also able to provide reasonably priced professional local staff accommodation for applicants who may be considering relocation for any of our positions.
For a summary of all current Medic International Occupational Therapy jobs, click HERE; or, for a summary of Mental Health vacancies, please click HERE.
- Start: Permanent, Ongoing, full-time
- Rate: Â£24k - 27k per year + Private Medical, Pension, Employee Be
- Location: Southgate, Greater London, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Medical
- Recruiter: Medic International-Nursing, Theatres and AHP
- Contact: Jill Mills or Shayne Parfrey
- Tel: 020 7112 9087
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: AOT718/02
- Posted: 2016-09-15 11:46:04 -
- View all Jobs from Medic International-Nursing, Theatres and AHP
More Jobs from Medic International-Nursing, Theatres and AHP
- Senior Occupational Therapist
- Senior Occupational Therapist
- Senior Hospital Radiographer - Mammography
- Operating Theatre (Scrub) Practitioner
- General Staff Nurse (RGN) - Mental Health Setting
- Senior Ophthalmology Nurse - Community & Outpatients
- NHS Band 5 Paediatric Staff Nurse - Inpatients
- NHS Band 5 Paediatric Staff Nurse - Outpatients
- NHS Band 5 Staff Nurse - Dialysis
- NHS Band 5 Staff Nurse - Cardiology
- Staff Nurse - Paediatric ICU (+Â£3,000 bonus)
- Hospital Radiographer: Senior 1 (CT/MRI)
- NHS Band 6 Senior Theatre Scrub Practitioner
- NHS Band 5 Paediatric Staff Nurse - A&E
- NHS Band 5 Staff Nurse - Stroke Rehab Unit
- NHS Band 5 Theatre (Anaesthetic) Practitioner
- NHS Band 5 Staff Nurse - Surgical
- NHS Band 5 Staff Nurse - Respiratory
- NHS Band 5 Staff Nurse - Oncology
- NHS Band 5 Staff Nurse - Medical Ward