Newcastle upon Tyne
£25,000 – £30,000 depending on experience + overtime
My client is a well known haulage company based in the North East with over 30 years experience providing customers with refined and efficient solutions to their transport needs.
Their fleet consists of 80 vehicles and over 100 trailers, all being maintained at their newly built and furbished workshop fully equipped with quality testing and repair equipment.
- To maintain, inspect and repair the fleet of artics, rigids & trailers
- Prepare, present and accompany all HGV vehicles for annual MOT and safety inspections.
- Carry out periodic safety inspections to all vehicles to VOSA inspection manual standards.
- Carry out fault diagnosis
- To ensure that all relevant legislation and Health and Safety procedures are adhered to.
- To maintain work areas in a safe and clean condition.
- To carry out any other duties as instructed by the supervisory staff
Experience & qualifications
- Relevant NVQ’s
- A minimum for 5 years industry experience
- HGV class 1 or 2 (desirable)
- Possess the ability to work on your own initiative
- Have a ‘can do’ attitude with drive and desire to progress
The working hours are 58.5 per week, weekend overtime is available and paid at double time.
Rates will be negotiated.
If you’re interested in hearing more or wish to apply, ideally please email a copy of your current CV or call 01282 777414 asking for Katie Hayhurst.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: n/a
- Rate: Â£25000 to Â£30000 Per: annum
- Location: Newcastle upon Tyne,England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Engineering
- Recruiter: SER Limited
- Contact: Katie Hayhurst
- Tel: 01282 777414
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: VAC-26871
- Posted: 2016-09-15 15:02:03 -
- View all Jobs from SER Limited
More Jobs from SER Limited
- Area Sales Manager
- HGV Technician
- Production Co-Ordinator
- Fire and Security Engineer
- Office Based New Business Consultant x2
- Landscape Designer/Civil Engineer
- Asbestos Consultant
- Asbestos Consultant
- Senior PR Specialist
- Electrical Estimator
- Head of Stores / Facilities Manager
- Business Development Manager
- Air Conditioning Engineer
- Field Based Sales Consultant
- Electronic Repair Technician
- Calibration Technician
- Asbestos Surveyor/Analyst
- Fire and Security Engineer.
- HGV Mechanic
- Field Service Engineer - Crushing & Screening