My clients specialise in the design, manufacture and support of energy management display and information systems for domestic markets across Europe and Australasia.
The clients focus is helping consumers understand and manage their domestic energy (and water) consumption.
As such they design, manufacture and support consumer products.
The company’s sales & marketing team works closely with energy suppliers, business partners, distributors and system integrators to create consumer engagement solutions and are growing their team to support the expansion of their business and product portfolio by creating a new role of Solutions Engineer.
You will provide pre- and post-sales support for our rapidly-growing customer base and be responsible for the technical relationships with customers and prospects and will work internally with sales, engineering and product development to identify and communicate solutions to meet customer business needs.
The Solutions Engineer will act as a resource for the sales, account management, engineering and front line technical support teams, and will work closely with other functional departments within the company.
You will support the team in presenting, customising, demonstrating and delivering innovative solutions that enable consumers to have an energy efficient, comfortable home.
Acting as the technical voice in sales campaigns, developing proposals, creating demonstrations, supporting trials and acting as a bridge between geo’s engineering team and our customers, translating products into solutions and needs into specifications.
The main functions of the role fall into 4 areas:
- Customer facing technical briefings and engagement (40%)
- Engaging with technical stakeholders
- Presenting the technical aspects of geo’s solutions
- Customer demonstrations and trials
- Gathering customer & market requirements and analysing competitors
- Acting as the technical authority for customer proposals (20%)
- Providing technical input into geo’s proposals and developing tender responses
- Tracking and reporting on progress to internal and external stakeholders
- Engaging with partners and suppliers on technical subjects (15%)
- Defining combined technical solutions with key industry partners
- Working with the companies engineering team (25%)
- Providing customer input to development projects & specifications Ensuring an accurate and up-to-date understanding geo’s solutions and roadmap as it evolves.
The role will involve frequent meetings with clients, and is likely to involve 1-3 days a week out of the office - primarily within the UK but with occasional international travel.
Essential Skills & Qualifications:
• Passionate commitment to quality and success
• Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently.
• Ability to manage multiple competing priorities, and work effectively under the pressure of time constraints in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
• Bachelor's degree, or equivalent, in related discipline.
Computer Science or Engineering degree preferred.
• Minimum of 2 years of technical support, solutions/applications or development experience supporting software and hardware based solutions
• Programming skills highly desirable (Python, Java)
• Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills
• Well-organised, able-to-prioritise, be self-directed and not easily distracted
• Strong interpersonal skills, and able to develop relationships at different levels
• Keen to learn, inquisitive, enthusiastic and motivated as part of a cross functional team
• Able to work to deadlines as part of a motivated team in a dynamic environment
• Flexible and able to travel with a clean UK/EU driving licence
Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
Salary: £negotiable, depending on experience
Benefits: 25 Days +Bank Holidays, Pension Scheme, Flexi Time, Medical Insurance, Childcare Vouchers, Life Assurance, Free Parking, Fresh Fruit & Showers.
If you have not received a response within 3-5 working days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful.
Aspire Cambridge Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency for this Permanent vacancy.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Permanent
- Rate: Market related
- Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: IT
- Recruiter: Aspire Cambridge Ltd
- Contact: Kayley Chalk
- Tel: 01223 855440
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: Req/004427
- Posted: 2016-09-15 16:25:01 -
- View all Jobs from Aspire Cambridge Ltd
More Jobs from Aspire Cambridge Ltd
- Recruitment and HR Coordinator
- HGV Class 1 Driver
- Finance Assistant
- HGV / LCV Technician (Mechanic)
- Administrator (Chinese Speaking)
- Production Supervisor
- CNC Miller (NIGHTS)
- *URGENT REQUIREMENT* Retail Assistant X 2 - Food Stand - Grand Arcade
- Head Housekeeper
- CNC Miller
- Junior Sous Chef
- Senior Sous Chef
- Kitchen Porter
- Events Manager
- Chef de Partie
- Pastry Chef