My clients specialise in the design, manufacture and support of energy management display and information systems for domestic markets across Europe and Australasia.
The clients focus is helping consumers understand and manage their domestic energy (and water) consumption.
As such they design, manufacture and support consumer products.
Looking to expand their creative team with the implementation of a skilled UI/UX Designer.
You’ll be joining a small team and the purpose of this position is to provide core expertise on user focused design spanning the whole user experience.
You will be a key member of our clients creative team and be expected to help with the design and specification of user interfaces for their hardware and digital products and services.
• Collecting qualitative and quantitative feedback from users to shape feature development
• Collecting product requirements from the Chief Product officer and project managers
• Carefully designing user interactions and communicating ideas to project teams through wireframes and prototypes
• Adhering to internal style guides as well as platform specific guidelines for iOS and Android
• Documenting the UI and UX for development and system testing
• Providing UI assets for development
• Provide UX input into the development of physical products where physical and digital components interact
• Minimum of BSc or equivalent in HCI or design related degree
• Experience designing UI and UX across digital platforms
• A strong portfolio of work, including UX deliverables and UI designs
• Proactive in identifying and solving interaction issues
• Experience working in or with software development teams
• The ability to communicate effectively with the design, senior management, development and support teams alike
• The ability to rationalise design decisions when critiqued
• Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, notably Illustrator and Photoshop
• Attention to detail
• The ability to work to tight deadlines
• A working knowledge of HTML/CSS
• Experience with WordPress or similar CMS
• Experience with Agile software (such as JIRA)
• Experience working with data and data visualisation
• An interest in the ‘Internet of Things’
• Happy to blog about UI/UX activity
• Experience working in an Agile environment
• Experience with InDesign/InCopy
Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
Salary: £negotiable, depending on experience
Benefits: 25 Days +Bank Holidays, Pension Scheme, Flexi Time, Medical Insurance, Childcare Vouchers, Life Assurance, Free Parking, Fresh Fruit & Showers.
If you have not received a response within 3-5 working days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful.
Aspire Cambridge Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency for this Permanent vacancy.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Permanent
- Rate: Market related
- Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: IT
- Recruiter: Aspire Cambridge Ltd
- Contact: Kayley Chalk
- Tel: 01223 855440
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: Req/004168
- Posted: 2016-09-15 16:27:03 -
- View all Jobs from Aspire Cambridge Ltd
More Jobs from Aspire Cambridge Ltd
- Recruitment and HR Coordinator
- HGV Class 1 Driver
- Finance Assistant
- HGV / LCV Technician (Mechanic)
- Administrator (Chinese Speaking)
- Production Supervisor
- CNC Miller (NIGHTS)
- *URGENT REQUIREMENT* Retail Assistant X 2 - Food Stand - Grand Arcade
- Head Housekeeper
- CNC Miller
- Junior Sous Chef
- Senior Sous Chef
- Kitchen Porter
- Events Manager
- Chef de Partie
- Pastry Chef