HCl Permanent are looking for a Consultant Histopathologist to join a Trust in Lancashire.
The Trust has excellent educational links which can help with career progression and boasts being located in a beautiful setting close to the Yorkshire Dales and Lake District.
Lancashire is bordered by the Irish Sea, Cumbria, Greater Manchester, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire and Merseyside. The West Coast Main Line provides direct rail links with London and other major cities, with stations at Preston and Lancaster. The county is served by Blackpool International Airport, however Manchester Airport in Greater Manchester is the main airport in the region.
Liverpool John Lennon Airport, on Merseyside is also nearby.
The appointee will have his/her own separate room with a wide field microscope fitted with a camera.
A personal computer with internet access will also be provided.
He/ she will have secretarial support.
This post is presently based at one hospital but it may be necessary for the postholder to
occasionally travel to the other hospitls under the Trust to do booked frozen sections.
8.5 clinical PAs of laboratory/autopsy duties worked flexibly according to the needs of the service and
1.5 PAs for supporting activities.
The Trust recognises the importance of SPAs in terms of a
consultant's revalidation, teaching, training, research and management development.
average number of SPAs in this department is 2.4, the 1.5 SPAs allocated to this post will be
reviewed after one year.
Where a consultant can demonstrate that they undertake more activities in
one or more of the above areas the number of SPAs may be increased.
This is subject to negotiation
with the Lead clinician for Pathology, the Director of Human Resources and the Associate Medical
With the agreement of HM Coroner an optional additional clinical PA may be agreed for paid
This would not be funded by the trust but could be worked flexibly during standard
working hours by extending the working day.
In practice this means agreeing an 11 session job plan
with 10 PAs paid by the trust and one PA in which coroners fees are earned.
Agreement with the job
plan is initially through the lead clinician.
If agreement cannot be reached the associate medical
There is not a need for on-calls within this post.
- £76,001 - £102,465 annual salary
- Tier 2 Visa Sponsorship available
- Start Date as soon as possible
- Permanent Substantive Contracts for Doctors on the GMC Specialist Register.
- Or Fixed term 12 month Contracts available with the view to extend whilst working toward Specialist Registration with GMC.
- Relocation benefits
- Training and development
- Standard working week of 40 hours
- Annual Leave 27 days per year, plus eight general/public holidays
- Pay enhancements to reward out of hours, shift and overtime working
If you would be interested please get in touch with Steph on +44 90)113 233 8200 or hit APPLY to send your CV.
- Start: 15/09/2016
- Duration: n/a
- Rate: Â£76001 to Â£102465 Per: annum
- Location: Lancashire,England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Medical
- Recruiter: HCL Permanent
- Contact: Stephanie Taylor
- Tel: 08450 063 701
- Fax: 0870 762 7968
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: ST-HISTO-MB
- Posted: 2016-09-15 17:09:08 -
- View all Jobs from HCL Permanent
More Jobs from HCL Permanent
- Nurses wanted for Hinchingbrooke NHS Hospital - Cambridgeshire
- Scrub Nurse / ODP with Gynaecology or Urology experience
- Great opportunities for Newly Qualified Nurses in UK
- Anaestetic Nurse /ODP for Oxford
- Nurses wanted for Royal NHS Bournemouh Hospital
- Breast Care Specialist Nurse
- ICU vacancies at Wexham Park Hospital
- ICU nurses WANTED
- Gynae + Urology Scrub Nurse for Oxford
- Band 5 staff Nurses wanted for Frimley NHS Hospital
- Anaesthetic Nurse / ODP in Oxford
- Staff Nurse - Medical Ward
- Enfermero - Londres
- Staff nurse - ICU
- Ward Nurse for Hospital in Oxford
- Staff Nurse - Respiratory
- Staff Nurse - Acute Medical Unit
- Band 5 - Staff Nurse Orthopaedics
- Band 5 - Staff Nurse