Lead Theatre Recovery Practitioner
We are seeking a capable and dynamic Lead Recovery Practitioner to join our client's busy perioperative team at their hospital site based in the world-renowned medical district of Central London (TfL Zone 1).
Working just a short walk from Regent's Park and the West End, this role is within easy reach of TfL and National Rail services (Paddington, Marylebone, Euston, King's X/St.
Our client is a key large provider of independent healthcare in the UK.
Staffed by many of the capital’s eminent consultants and other multidisciplinary healthcare specialists, this hospital delivers an exemplary standard of perioperative care supported by the latest technology and state-of-the-art equipment.
The successful candidate will co-ordinate and manage a small team, adapting rapidly to the needs of a fast-changing environment and acting decisively in emergency situations.
Registered Nurse or Operating Department Practitioner with NMC or HCPC registration as appropriate.
Five years' Recovery/PACU experience with at least one year at Senior Practitioner level, taking charge of the Recovery Unit and able to deputise for the Theatre Manager if required.
A recognised Teaching and Assessing/Mentorship qualification.
Ability to manage a team and act both autonomously and as a team player.
Able to prioritise skill mix effectively within the department.
Besides a highly professional work environment, the additional benefits of working for this company include:
- Private medical cover, including dental.
- Critical illness cover.
- Life assurance cover.
- Gym membership, for you and your partner.
- Childcare vouchers.
- 2 for 1 meals or 50% off food costs at over 2,500 participating restaurants.
- Lifestyle screening.
- Flexible Annual Leave; allowing you to ‘buy’ up to two days or ‘sell’ up to 5 days annual leave each year.
- Interest-free season ticket loans & ‘cycle to work’ ‘scheme; helping you commute and keep fit for less.
Medic International-Theatres is a leading healthcare recruitment partner with particular expertise in the placement of the full range of qualified Theatre Staff.
As a nurse-led consultancy, our detailed understanding of the complexity and interdependency of Theatre roles has placed us in an excellent position to match your skills with the specific requirements of our Theatre Recruiting Managers.
We are also able to provide reasonably priced professional local staff accommodation for applicants who may be considering relocation for any of our positions.
For a summary of all current Medic International Team Leader/Deputy Theatre Manager vacancies click HERE; for a summary of all Theatre vacancies click HERE.
- Start: Permanent, Ongoing, full-time
- Rate: Â£44k - 48k per year + Private Medical, Pension, Employee Be
- Location: London, Greater London, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Medical
- Recruiter: Medic International-Nursing, Theatres and AHP
- Contact: Jill Mills or Shayne Parfrey
- Tel: 020 7112 9087
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: TLR404/01
- Posted: 2016-09-15 19:20:23 -
- View all Jobs from Medic International-Nursing, Theatres and AHP
More Jobs from Medic International-Nursing, Theatres and AHP
- General Manager - Nursing and Dementia Care Home
- NHS Band 5 Staff Nurse - Surgical Ward
- NHS Band 6 Senior Staff Nurse - A&E
- Ward Manager-Mental Health (CAMHS)
- NHS Band 6 Senior Staff Nurse - Acute Medicine
- Charge Nurse-Mental Health (CAMHS HDU)
- MRI Radiographer P/T (18.75 Hrs)
- Deputy General Manager - Neurology Care Centre
- Advanced Nurse Practitioner
- Theatre Practitioner (Multi-Skilled)
- Advanced Nurse Practitioner
- Locum Band 6 Senior Staff Nurse - ITU (Isle of Man)
- NHS Band 6 Theatre (Cardiac) Scrub Practitioners
- Sister/Charge Nurse - Surgical (Band 6/7)
- Hospital Physiotherapist: Senior 2 (Band 6)
- Staff Nurse - Interventional Cardiology (Band 5/6)
- Staff Nurse - Medical Ward (Band 5/6)
- Physiologists - Register for future Opportunities
- Senior Staff Nurse - Chemotherapy Day Unit (Band 6)
- Hospital Occupational Therapist: Senior 2 (Band 5/6)