POSITION: HGV Fitter/Technician
JOB TYPE: Permanent
SALARY: £29,952 + Overtime and Benefits
HOURS: Working 4 on 4 off Shift Pattern (5am to 5pm)
COMMUTABLE: Retford, Newark, Ollerton, Doncaster
We are actively recruiting for a HGV Fitter to work with our client in Newark.
Due to expansion of the plant they are now expanding their team and looking to add a skilled HGV Fitter/Technician to the already skilled team they have.
This role is a very exciting opportunity for an experienced HGV Fitter to compliment the team of engineers working closely to support all areas.
If you are an experienced HGV Fitter/Technician who is looking for your next challenge then apply now.
Reporting to the Workshop Manager on a day-to-day basis, the post holder will undertake regular maintenance and repair of our clients HGV Vehicles competently and efficiently in order to maintain good road safety
Particular areas of responsibility will be to: -
- Carry out routine maintenance and repairs on all makes of vehicle using appropriate equipment and tools in a safe and economical manner.
- Covering all vehicle tests, emergency breakdown repairs, routine maintenance schedules and daily vehicle check repairs.
- Diagnose and rectify all types of faults.
- Ensure all company vehicles are handled with care and all reasonable steps are taken to return the vehicle in a clean and tidy condition on completion of work undertaken.
- Liaise with parts department to attain parts as required, within authority level, and ensure service exchange and warranty parts procedures are adhered to.
- Ensure all aspects of Health and Safety regulations and safe working practices are adhered to, including the mandatory wearing of personal protective equipment (PPE) and machine guarding.
- Ensure that before any work is undertaken, all job cards and service sheets are completed correctly and signed off before the end of the shift.
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and tidiness in all areas of the business in order to maintain the company image and a safe working environment.
- Maintain a thorough and up to date knowledge of products and to attend training courses as required.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate: -
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to actively seek solutions to problems.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer care skills.
- Flexibility to undertake a wide range of tasks.
- Technical Qualification or proven experience of repairing and maintaining vehicles
- Excellent awareness and understanding of health and safety requirements.
- Have good working knowledge of vehicle electrics and hydraulics
- Have good working knowledge of diesel engines
- Have knowledge of preventative maintenance programmes
- Good Mechanical Skills Hydraulic, Pneumatic, Motors Gears etc
- Previous experience of working on all HGV Equipment essential
- Team Player
- Can Do Attitude
- Hard Worker with good work ethics
- Routine maintenance, breakdowns and repairs
- Good Time Keeping
- Ability to be flexible working as part of a team
The position is permanent offering an attractive Benefits Package and a stable career within a growing business.
Due to the location it is so important that you have your own transport
To apply for this exciting opportunity please forward your CV in Word format or contact Tracie Norton on 01709 919393.
This position is being advertised on behalf of E3 Recruitment (UK) LLP who operate as an employment business.
- Start: immediate
- Duration: permanent
- Rate: £27500.00 - £29952.00 per annum + Overtime and benefits
- Location: Newark, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Automotive
- Recruiter: E3 Recruitment
- Tel: 01484645269 07807340744
- Fax: 01484 500385
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2016-09-15 21:52:02 -
- View all Jobs from E3 Recruitment
More Jobs from E3 Recruitment
- Fork Lift Truck Driver/Warehouse Operative
- Production Paint Sprayer
- Assistant Production Manager
- Maintenance Electrician
- Production Operative
- Business Development Manager
- CNC Milling Machinist
- Maintenance Fitter - Early Shift
- Electronic Engineer
- Mechanical Design Engineer (Vehicle body work)
- Electronic Engineer
- Engineering Surveyor - Mechanical
- Technical Manager
- Engineering Machine Operator / Minder
- Fibreglass Laminator
- Installation and Service Engineering Manager
- TIG Welder Stainless and Pipe
- FLT Driver - Counterbalance & Reach
- Vehicle & LGV Technican
- Sheet Metal Worker/fabricator