Production Operative – Shift Pattern
Are you an experienced operative looking to take on a new challenge? If so, we are recruiting and are looking for individuals just like you!
Pasta Foods are the leading dry pasta manufacturer in the UK and a world leader in the production of snack pellets. The company supplies high quality pasta to some of Britain’s most famous brand names and snack pellet ingredient products for food processors in the UK and Internationally. Selling to customers in over 40 countries worldwide export makes up approximately half of the business.
Pasta Foods have very ambitious growth plans, a commitment to further capital investment, a new management team and an entrepreneurial style. Due to continued success, we are now looking to recruit a Production Operative to the friendly team in Great Yarmouth.
This position offers an exciting opportunity to join the business at a key stage in its development and be a part of the success story.
Production Operative responsibilities:
Working on a rotating continental shift pattern which is 4 days on 4 days off (working 2 day shifts from 6am – 6pm, followed by 2 night shifts from 6pm – 6am), this role is responsible for all aspects of product packing and palletisation, including the operation of the machinery.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Selecting packing materials and pallets as specified and ensuring that all products and pallets are correctly labelled.
- Operating printing machinery.
- Completing and recording all necessary production information.
- Segregating substandard and non-conforming products.
- Carrying out rework and rebag operations.
- Checking and recording metal detector functionality.
- Maintaining standards of cleanliness of machinery, equipment and surrounding areas, including floors.
- Assisting with clearing blockages, spillages, cleaning of presses and general cleaning work.
- Transferring product samples to the laboratory.
- Adhering to all health and safety issues whilst performing these duties.
- Participating in any other activities or carrying out any other duties that may be outside the general remit, which will benefit the individual, department or company as a whole.
The ideal Production Operative:
In order to be successful for this role, you will need proven experience working alongside machinery, ideally working within a similar positon.
You will also need to be self-motivated with the ability to learn fast and be able to operate on your own and also as part of a team with excellent attention to detail.
In return as a Production Operative, we can offer a basic salary of £25,823 plus benefits.
If you are looking for your next challenge as a Production Operative then we want to hear from you, please click APPLY!
No terminology in the advert you have seen is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we will gladly accept applications from all sections of the community.
More Jobs from CV WOW
- Benefits Administrator
- Section Manager
- NPD Project Manager
- IT Service Desk Analyst
- L&D Coordinator
- Part Exchange Conveyancing Assistant
- Conveyancing Assistant
- Legal Executive / Licensed Conveyancer
- Group Service Manager
- Engineering Sales Manager
- Chef de Partie
- Service Manager – Automotive
- Repair Technician
- General Sales Manager - Automotive
- Service Advisor - Automotive
- Head of Coaching and Facilitation
- Stock Controller
- Field Service Engineer
- Sales Executive